If I build it, will you come?

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Would you come to the Muddy Mississippi Mayhem Bowl?

Yep, I'll defintely be there!
5%
Maybe, will there be beer?
11%
Probably not, but who knows?
32%
Nope. I'm a big, girly European who is scared to come to America.
53%

Total votes: 19

Dark Lord (retired)

If I build it, will you come?

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

How many of you would come HERE for a tournament?

I just want to get a rough idea to see if it would be worth it to host an annual Davenport Death Bowl.

I was thinking of doing it during late winter or early spring when y'all have cabin fever. Maybe during spring break even?

Reason: ''
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

I voted D because I'm a big, girly european who is afraid of the whole world :(

Seriously, I can't get myself ready attending a tourney 400miles away in the same country and you ask me to what?

Seems, I'm gierlier than girly 8)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Upper limit of my driving radius ... I might be able to make it ... but I'm not sure ... 5 hours is a while on the road.

If both my kids were in school ... probably yes .. but until then I'm not sure.

Galak

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Don't let the results of this poll let you decide to do an event or not. You will always get the bulk of your players from local areas, so you need to advertise the crap out of your event there. Relying on a TBB poll won't help you decide to run it or not.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Had to vote probably not... its a 12.5 hour drive... BUT depending on the date and Real Life events, it may be a possibilty. I have friends that live in St. Louis... how far are you from there DL? Without me mapping it out...I'm at work after all... :)

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
BlanchPrez
Legend
Legend

Post by BlanchPrez »

I had to vote Probably Not... it's just not in my budget to travel right now. But, in a few months, you never know.

Chris

At times like these I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "... I drank what?"
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

I had to vote no since i'm a big european girl. :lol: I wouldn't want to scare everybody with my sunglasses... :wink:
Seriously, if i was very rich, i'd make it. :) But you should listen to Anthony. Make your event whatever the result of the poll is. Try to advertise it as much as you can and people will come. :D
All i can say is that one day, the french crew will come over and we'll make it history! 8)

Next time I win !!!
Dark Lord (retired)

Yeah well, the results of the local people is alrady known to me...none. My league is and was the the sole Blood Bowl community and we have advertised it the crap out of it for years. We peaked at 12 people. Now it would be around 4, tops.

So the outcome of this poll is not the deciding factor but it is giving me an idea of how many outsiders I can expect.

And sorry, I don't have the money to rent a hall and pray that some ppl show up. :cry:

l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Arf :( And what about organising an invitationnal. Select a few coach (20 seems a good limit) and specially invite them.
1-You're sure of who will come
2-You'll all have fun since it's an event between the tourny and a wk with friends
3-You don't need to rent a big hall and stuff, a good basement with plenty of beers is more than enough.
4-Hope that the guys you invited enjoyed themselves so much that they'll bring friends next year.

I don't know, it's just a thought since you seem to say that htere aren't many players in your area. :)

Next time I win !!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Had to vote D, though I'd like it to be C.

Still ,DL, who knows. maybe one day I'll win the lottery and be able to come other there and beat you FTF :lol:

Good luck anyway :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dark Lord (retired)

Funny how things work out...

I bumped into an old Comic Book Guy and fellow Irishman I used to slay halflings with and it turns out he and some others are going to be doing a big old Nerd Con in October. He has no Blood Bowl players for me but I'm free to run a tourney there and see what happens.
So this is my cheap way to do it...now if I can just get more than 5 coaches and some sort of decent prizes I'll be all set!

Here's the link...http://www.fourhorsemengames.com/GamerCon.html

Dark Lord (retired)

If I could just throw out one little bitch to GW...

All of the other regions on the Summer Battle Tour are well covered. But every date on the Midwest portion is in a suburb of Chicago. That is such complete bullshit! All of them are in Illinois except one date in Wisconsin but that is right outside of Kenosha which is right by Chicago!

Bastards...I hate you. :pissed:

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

LOL, it's like you are in some kinda gaming void down there ;)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

sorry, i am just too shy to show up...and too much expenseive for me for the moment!

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/