Blood Bowl Tournament, Mannheim/Germany, Aug. 30/31

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Blood Bowl Tournament, Mannheim/Germany, Aug. 30/31

Post by Tim »

Finally it's there, NAF-sanctioned, online and taking registrations!

You can find all details on the webpage: http://bloodbowl.bei.t-online.de/mmm/

You want to go? Just click on Sign Up! button on the page, register and we'll mail you with the follow-up details.

Any questions? Post to this thread or email us at morgsmassaker@web.de

We're looking forward to see many of you in Germany soon! :D

N-Key, Zodiac & Tim.

Reason: ''
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

sorry, just a few nasty questions:

A) When are painting points added to the total? If early in the tournament they may seriously disturb the Swiss System (as observed at the Dutch Open), if added after the tournament is played, somebody who might have reached the final with painting points will not do so.

B) Are you sure this weird Morg rule will not disturb play too much (not nice at tournaments when a result is determined on the Kick Off table) I don't expect this, but have you maybe played a few drives with a Morg as 12th player just to see how it plays?

C) I think the Rare-Races rule is a bit silly, but since it's your tournament, I'm not going to make a problem out of it...

D) Does that 27 euro include a place to sleep? If not, how much extra can I expect for that?

Cheers,

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

A: We plan to add painting points after round 5. 80% of all players will receive full points anyway, so it's more a tiebreaker.

B: I'm pretty sure that the impact of some Morg turns are not going to effect the play more than a pitch invasion or riot (both can be VERY harsh or even gamedeciding). Esp. since you can't rely very much on Morg to carry the ball as he might disappear anytime. So i expect to have Morg doing some bashing for 2-3 turns, the result should be less impact than a PI.
We've had some people cross-read the rules, if several people have strong feelings against it, we could also make the rule optional (so both coaches must agree to use it).

C: It's a very minor tiebreaking factor. Maybe silly, but if it helps to distribute the selections of races a little better, thats fine.

D: A bed is not included in the price. We are still trying to work out an arrangement with a nearby B&B, targeting something like 25-30 Euro per night. There's also a youth hostel in Mannheim, where you can sleep quite cheap (€ 16,30 first night, €13,20 following nights, + €10,50 membership, a little more if you're over 26).

Hope this helps for now ....

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

I would like to register :lol: , but I am not sure about the race yet. Could I change this eventually, and if yes, when is the deadline therefor? :o

If yes, please keep in mind that I could "powergame" and choose a 'rare' race once I can guess which one it could be (except halflings probably). :evil:

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

I agree with Sputnik,

I hav already signed in, but I could have gone for powergaming and sign in after 50 others have done so, just to pick a good race that is weakly represented ... just think about it (you could give haflings and gobbos that extra point if this was your intention ...)

The coach who recently won the inofficial 'most sexy male performer' award
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Dammit I wish I could go to this :(

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

@Relborn, Sputnik

You can always change your Race and Teamname up to the day the tournament finally starts off. Drop me an email (either personally or to the general adress) whenever you feel it's time for a change and we update the database. However, we'll freeze the website 48h before tournament start, so the last 48h of changes will be guessing what others do :)

(Changes limited to 10 per coach :wink: )

Btw, the max. change of +1 point (difference between loss-by-1 and loss-by-2, but only half the diffence between a loss and a draw) for selecting a unique race (propably Chaos, Goblins, Flings, Amazons, High Elfs or the like) is less powergaming imo than coming with the usual 4 BOB Orc team or the classic 2 Wardancer Wood Elfs. :)

@Indigo
You're welcome to join the party. Should be possible to keep the cost limited to 200-250 € (beer exclusive). Still quite some money.

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

thanks tim
sadly the budget won't stretch, and even if it could I'm away that weekend anyway

grep-v
Veteran
Veteran

Post by grep-v »

Sputnik wrote: If yes, please keep in mind that I could "powergame" and choose a 'rare' race once I can guess which one it could be (except halflings probably). :evil:
Phew, that would have been gross as only munchkin powergamers play halflings! :P

Detect + Neutralize + Eliminate = Win
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

hey, with one I it's Munich-kin,

Hmmmm

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
grep-v
Veteran
Veteran

Post by grep-v »

grotemuis wrote:hey, with one I it's Munich-kin,

Hmmmm
Sh*t ! My secret plans have been unveiled ! :pissed:

http://baseportal.de/cgi-bin/baseportal ... dbowl/list

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Wow, 2 Halfing teams already, and Zodiac hasn't even registered yet :o Damn those powergamers! :D

kaboom
Super Star
Super Star

Post by kaboom »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
my F****** parents say NO. i can't come and see you again(and drink some weissbeer :D ).

i'm so unlucky :cry: :cry: :cry: . i'm going to kill myself!

the come back of the come back
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Kaboom wrote:
i'm going to kill myself!
Killing is a crime. I will have to arrest you once you're dead! 8)

@ Tim: Things look really cool! :D Lots of luck and success!

Next time I win !!!
grep-v
Veteran
Veteran

Post by grep-v »

Tim wrote:Wow, 2 Halfing teams already, and Zodiac hasn't even registered yet :o Damn those powergamers! :D
Now it's 3 halfling teams. Damn, there goes my point for rare race. Seems I have to go back to some seldom played weak team, perhaps even Chaos Dwarves or something equally wimpy ... :cry:

8)