Spettcake Bowl 2003

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Actually, I think the rules set could work. I always had great fun in league play and I enjoy XP-hunting as part of the game. But that would count as a personal opinion I guess.
In practice, the TR swiss system could be exploited by devious coaches in order to choose their opponents. A certain additional amount of luck is introduced with the post-match sequences, but IMO the dice rolls during the actual games are of so much greater importance that the extra element is almost neglectible (counting only 5 sequences before play-offs).
I think that playing a tournament as a small league is possible and I would be very interested in participating. Unfortunately the event collides with the Nature-One festival in Germany so I'm not going.

Reason: ''
DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Apart from other complains,
you might consider that it's very open to abuse. And it will cost you a lot of time to control everything.
If people have a complete post-match sequence, be sure that there's someone present to check things.....
The fact that tourneys use the one skill after the match (or variants), is that all your players get to play(even if killed). This is done simply because it saves time and is more balanced, although I know the unbalancing part is the flavour of this tourney, so I won't go into that again.
Just make sure that the system is very easily abused and will cost a lot of time to keep track of things....

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Puckohue
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Puckohue »

The Gate and ALL of the post match sequence will be computerised. This will stop abuse and speed up the process. Coaches are supposed to be able to quickly decide on skills when players gain enough SPPs, or else the tournament administrators will pick a skill.

[url=http://www.mafoc.org]MAFOC[/url] member no 4
NAF member no 421
Arkeo
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arkeo »

In my opinion I think the system we used at Lincon was very good! It made all the matches more challenged and even. A risk with these rules, like I see it, is that luck can get a bigger involvement over the result. It can be so that it all depends on how the first match go, even though you can start a new team after the old one got trashed.

Otherwise I will get the experience to see for myself how these rules are, when I most probably will participate in the tournament. I have already taken out vacation for friday, but my financial situation is rather low after last weeks vacation. The car my girlfriend and I rented had been hit in the back when it was parked outside our apartment the last night before we should return it. :evil: I had to pay 1500 SEK (approx. $187 USD) for, i´m not sure if it´s the correct word, the excess(?). :pissed: I just had to get the steam out of my chest.

Puckohue
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Puckohue »

I'm sorry for the shit with the car, Arkeo. Hope to see you in Malmö soon, though.

Just don't forget to sign up for the tournament at http://www.sydcon.org. Your team is also supposed to be registered no later than July 31.

[url=http://www.mafoc.org]MAFOC[/url] member no 4
NAF member no 421
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Anyone got the results?

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Arkeo
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arkeo »

High Elfs beat Skaven in the Final! You can find the result and some pics on this site: http://www.gothicopolis.com/bloodzone/

For myself it went like it did at Lincon. Got top on the ladder after five games with my undead team, but lose the semifinal, against the skaven team this time. It was very close that I got to the final. I did 2-1 when it was only two turns left of the match and the skaven did set up to recieve the ball for his last time. He had a gutter runner with VLL so the only way for him to score was if I rolled a 8 on Kick-Off table (quick snap) and that was just what I rolled. After three dodges and two GFI he did 2-2. He one the toss in the OT and did the winning TD. :(

Nuffles will moves in mysteriuos ways! I guess what Nuffle give you in one moment he takes in the next one.

PS! I do really hate Gutter Runners :pissed:

We are undead, dead, dead!