WPS BB GT

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Dangerous Dave wrote:Congrats McDeth..... lizarads next time? :wink: ..... and did your Mummies take Piling On?

Dave
1st question : Resounding no, i cant play those damn things :wink:

2nd question : yes, but only after Block, and in the final game it despatched a Krox and two saurus :wink:

Reason: ''
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

So does anyone know WHY (why-o-why) the event was held in such a small, hard to find place?

(McDeth & I only got a bit lost 2 or 3 times.... ;-) )

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

McDeth wrote: 2nd question : yes, but only after Block, and in the final game it despatched a Krox and two saurus :wink:
so you gave it PO after block? what rules were in use?

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Rules:

No MVP's

After each game for 0-5 SPP's gained you get 1 Skill Roll

6-10 2 Skill rolls

11-15 3 Skill rolls etc.

Although you can only powerup 1 skill per player per game, theres nothing to stop you giving a second skill on subsequent games and so on.

Risk is if that player is iinjured there is a 50/50 chance of him losing all skills.

Hence I Had a Block/Piling on Mummy

a Block Mummy

a tackling Wight

a Strip Ball Wight

Block Ghoul

Sure hands Ghoul

:wink:

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

was it just skills or could you give traits and/or stat increases?

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Yup you could get stat increases and Traits if a double etc.

unfortunately never managed a single increase, although there was a ST 5 Black Orc and an ST 3 Gutter Runner around

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Game 1 vs Steve Butler Orcs

Steve had only played a smattering of games before this one, and when he won the toss and lined up his Ogre behind the LOS, i soon realised he wasn't fully au fait with the rules, particularly when he took the first action with his Ogre. having pointed out that Bonehead is diff from Wild Animal, i allowed him to reset his team and start again.

Fortunately for me his inexperience allowed me to punch a hole in his ranks and the Ghouls swamped the ball carrier. A quick turnover meant i lead 1-0 at half time with me receiving in the second.

Quickly made it 2-0 early in the second, but Steve had learned from his earlier mistakes and this time protected his ball carrier. Meaning it left me to just shut him out, and claim the extra 3 points for not conceding.

Points 27-5

Game 2 vs Noodles High Elves.

Not only did Noodle shut me out in the first half, but a failed GFI with re-roll meant that my cage had a gap in it which, a strip ball Dragon warrior exploited. the High Elves retrieved the ball and a Lion warrior raced in to take the lead, uintil of course failed the GFI for the TD and stunned himself in the process. This prooved to be the turning point.

Although 0-0 at half Time, a Blitz result meant a Smattering of Ghouls ploughed through the Elves defence and Picked up the ball after turn 1 Eternal Sleep were 1-0 up. At this point Noodle's ranks had been fairly decimated, but with men down the Elves made a valiant charge to attempt the equalizer. Losing men by the turn, the Elves only had about 4-5 men left on the pitch, when a play then resulted in an equalising TD from the lion warrior catching a pass, to tie up the game.

With only a smattering of players left to defend the remainder of the half, the Undead managed to plough their way back upfield and scored in the final turn for the 2-1 Victory.

Points 24-8 I think

Game 3 vs Christian's Orcs

Tight game, but Christian's inability to break armour, and the inevitable 1 in 3 fail on dodges and pick up's took their toll. Undead ran out 1-0.
At the end of the game my ears were bleeding from the continual berating of failed dodges and pickup's :wink:

Points 23-9 i Think

Game 4 vs Mike Wilkinson's Amazons

This one was tough, Mike played excellently, the Block Dodge Stand Firm Amazons prooved a constant thorn in my side and some innocous dice rolling meant the Undead couldn't break their ranks or Armour.

However a Blitz in the second half gave me a good chance of taking the lead. Due to a Blizzard a simple 4+ pick up with Sure hands was all that was neede for an early 1-0 lead. I rolled a 2 followed by a 1. the weather didne even come into it. Mike turn however went exactly the same way and the ball scattered away, leaving my Ghoul exactly the same option which he failed agin with the same crummy rolls. A Double skull then left me disatrously lacking in cover and Mike got the ball away and his catcher was able to break free to take the lead.
This left me 3 turns to equalize. Eventually it boiled down to me needing a 4+ Dodge a 3+ Dodge and two GFI's to tie the game. After rolling a 1 on the first dodge, the Ghoul then rolled brillkiantly to tie up the game.

I didn't get a single casualty in this one, and could hardly knock over an amazon so i was pretty happy to come away with the draw even if the score was something like

14 - 18 to Mike due to him hurting two of my players.

Game 5 vs Rob Waljers Lizardmen

Everything to play for with three of us in with a chance odf winning the tourney outright. My piling on Mummy took out a Saurus in the first turn, which resulted in Mike using his apoth immediately. My tackling wight proceeded to knock out two Skinks, and advantage was mine. it still took 7 turns to score due to Robs phenomenal ability to roll a pow with almost every block. My Block Dodge Ghoul in the First half was powed over 4 time out of 4 by an Unskilled saurus :pissed: , but i ran into half time with a 1-0 lead.

Rob proceeded to roll his POW's and started to whittle down my team with good AV rolls, and soon he had more men than me, his Skink dodged and GFI's twice for the equalizer, but it left me plenty of time to set up the victory. However outnumbered now with all the Skinks making their KO rolls and me making none of mine, would make it tight.

Even betteer news came freom Mike and Christians game were they had finished at a Draw.

The Undead began to move downfield and then Robs favourable dice finally began to run out, a Double skull, meant the Ghouls were able to break through down a Flank. My Piling on Mummy took out the kroxigar and another saurus and eventuall i got man advantage. putting myself in a position to score. Robs skinks then rolled infalible doidges and gfi's to pick sufficient tackle zones on my players to make it a non foregone conclusion, where i would need a GFI to win.

In Getting all the TZ's in place it left a lone zombie, to cancel out any assists and my Ghoul Blitzed hois way into the end zone needing the solitart GFI to win. Fortune favoured the brave and he skipped in for the victory and the Tourney.

Final Score 23-9 I think.

Great couple of days.

Memories that'll stick with me, will be Mike's failed apothecary on a KO'd Amazon :wink:, and scoring in the last turn in no less than 3 games ;-)

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Ya know my elves STILL can't get the hang of this "going for it" ;)

Played a game yesterday and fell over in the endzone... :pissed:

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Wassamatta with those Elfs? I go for it almost every single turn as a matter of course, never really had much of a problem..... :wink:

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *