Tiptoe results

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

deathdancer
Rookie
Rookie

dancing with death

Post by deathdancer »

Playing with Woodelves is learning to cope with terrible pain and suffering, I couldn't play my personal favourites, humans, so I went for the elves. I dressed them in pink, pvc, fishnets and chains, they were obviously ready to rock.

I took a wardancer, a catcher, nine linemen, 2 re-rolls, an apo and 1 FF. Looking back I should have taken two wardancers and no apo, like Longshot suggested.

Match 1: Tim 1-2
Lost, despite a (Blitz) one turn TD in the first half. Discovered why quick turnovers with woodelves are generally very bad. Thought I had an opportunity to secure a 2-0 in the first half when I managed to push a Centaur into the crowd. Somehow however I only got pushback’s against unskilled hobgoblins.

MAtch 2: Ian 1-3
Can't remember much of this match Scored again pretty fast but failed to threaten Ians humans with quick & agile play. Had an opportunity to equalize in the last turn but failed, instead Ian scored in his last turn.

Match 3: Sputnik 4-0
Again I took the lead pretty quick. And pretty much expected to get kicked afterwards. Surprisingly a ghoul fumbled the ball for about 4 times. My wardancer was quick to capitalize on that failure. Second half I expected to be in for it but luck went my way and I found out why it isn't really bad to have only five woodelves on the pitch. Since their small numbers dont prevent them to Leap Around.

Match 4: Dave 2-3
Dave leaded 2-0 pretty quick, I disregarded the jump-up ability of the norse and will never do so again. Luckily I managed to score a TD in the eight turn of the 1st half by means of a quicksnap. Second half equalized in two turns and felt the match could go either way. Loss of a Wardancer (crowd) crippled my team, making the norse-cage nearly impregnable..

Match 5: Niels 3-2
Last match was a fun game, playing against niels is always a bit chaotic especially when he brings 1 Troll, 2 Black-Orcs, 4 Blitzers, 1 thrower and 4 gobbo's to the pitch. Came 1-0 behind first half and had great difficulty equalizing. Second-half was pretty even until the orcthrower tried to pick up the ball and failed. I gained the initiative but a final sprint resulted in failure. The orc-thrower however fumbled the ball again . And I got a second opportunity to score. Which wasn't wasted this time.

All in all a good tournament.
Maybe next year the trophy stays in Amsterdam for a change.

Reason: ''
dropdead gorgeous
BlueDevil420
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueDevil420 »

Well....here goes:

My first day was not the best of mine

#1 against Longshots goblins:

I couldnt believe my luck, I got to play the goblins...ofcourse shortly after that i started realising that that was gonna be a pain with my lizzies, since none of the buggers have block. But it was a fun game, and i lost bigtime (oh the humiliation). Only thing I havent blocked out of my mind yet is that I only managed to injure 2 goblins. At least enough to pick up a point.

#2 against Trambi

Well, another game with horrible luck, again a game i blocked from my head. All i can remember is that I received 2 times in the 2nd half and both of the times Trambi got a perfect defence and both of the times my first or one of the first blocks was a doubleskulls.
I think the final score was 1-2

#3 against Benja

Well if you play against 2 of the french you might as well play the 3rd too, so I did. Agains his dwarves with my lizzies though it was a tough game. With him receiving it looked like my luck had turned, I managed to get some skinks in the backfield to harass the ballcarrier and managed to get the ball loose. I didnt manage to convert this into a touchdown though and halfway through the half a rolling cage of dwarfs was advancing over my flanks. He effectively tied up my Saurus and i kept knocking them down but the armour of the dwarves proved too thick and they kept getting up.
He managed to score in his turn 7 so i had 2 turns left for the equaliser. At that point my luck turned, riot, only 1 turn but not enough to score.
In the second half i managed to score and stop the advancing dwarves so the game ended in a 1-1 tie.

So after the first day i was at teh bottom of the ranks along with Norse with 2 points.

The whole night I called upon Nuffle to aid me on sunday and he did.

#4 against Bem's Undead
Not much to say about this game, I tore the undead apart and the game ended in 2-1. The only thing that went wrong all game (but went consistenly wrong) were my skinks dodge rolls. Even with the dodge skill i failed most of their 3+ dodges

#5 against Norse's High Elves
After both getting the full 5 points in our first game of the day we were in the running for the best comeback. We started the game with the high elves receiving. He picked up the ball and then started to get to grips with my powerfull Saurus lineup. Unfortunately one of the first few blocks was a turnover leaving me with a full line of high elves to bash. I think i got em all. I made almost every armourvalue and send a couple of them KO, no casualties though. Sent some skinks to the deep field to harass the thrower. I managed to get the ball and score for a 1-0 lead. He received again and came close to a 1-1 equaliser but I managed to get the ball with one of my skinks, I messed something up leaving me in a difficult position to score 2-0 in my eight turn. With one reroll left I attempted a long pass (long bomb for a skink) to my ag4 skink in the far field: 4, reroll 6! the receiver caugth the ball and converted it to a 2-0 lead. In the second half almost all KO'd elves came back but to no avail. with an interception with my Saurus and some other highlights I won the game 4-0. Since i didnt manage 2 casualties I got 4 points.

It was enough to earn me the best sunday comeback.

Oh Ian, some of the captions on you pictures are wrong. Where it says Benja, its actually me :D

Da 2003 Dutch Champ
2004 Tulips Champ
A'Hof 24hrs Champ
2014 Tulips Champ
[b]NUFFLE SUCKS[/b]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Great weekend (well, great 5 days actually!), thanks to all concerned but in particular Lucy, Norse and Patrick.

W3 D1 L1, match reports to follow, but good opponents all. Thanks guys. (and indeed gal, including the friendly against Lucy's better half on Thursday).
Got some pics to post, I'll get around to that later.

First time I've come away with anything from a tourney, but 'Most Sporting'? :o lol.. I'm still in shock! :P Must have some 'joke' votes in there.... :smoking:

Big commiserations for Norse for a great looking team, took something special indeed to nick Best Paint away. Tough decision, as I'm sure everyone will agree.

So the Wodell boys have a nice Griff/Varag pair to paint up (next!). (When's the release date again? :P )

Thanks all for the beers and the laughs, 'til the next time. :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Well, I thought it was a great weekend too, despite my miserable performance and the fact that for the 3rd Dutch tournament in a row, I came 2nd in the painting section (I don't mind at all, Dels' skaven were awesome and if by some accident I had been chosen as best painted, it would have been a miscarriage of justice...)

Match Reports:

Game 1 vs Del's Skaven

Well, I did everything right (ask Del, my tactics were spot on) but rolled the worst dice of my life... 2 x 1 re-roll 1 turned my first half into a disaster and I was 3-0 down when the oranges were passed around.. I did score in the second half, but was outnumbered by speedy Skavs at this point and lost 5-1 in a game where I had made no mistakes... it was certainly the nicest looking match though.. :wink:

Game 2 vs Woody's Amazons

Our games are always tight and this was another cracker, 2-1 down with 3 turns to go I thought I had a draw (against Woody, I have always drawn) but excellent defence and those damned Blodge players saw it finish 2-1. Great game, very even, I love playing that Ogre...

Game 3 vs Trambi's Humans

By this point drunk and depressed, my bad luck returned.. double skulls re-roll double skulls on turn 1, dodge 1 re-roll 1 on turn 2 gave Trambi a 2 turn touchdown and none of my players had even moved!! It was a more even game after that, but he scored when I kicked to him in the second half and I couldn't get past his Blitzers. Lost 2-0 and maybe should have done better..

Game 4 vs Niels Orcs..

What a difference a day makes... changed to Black dice and kicked Niels to death. His luck was as bad as mine had been on day 1. I made every block and every armour roll and he started the second half with 7 Orcs against 11 Elves!! He finished it with 4 Orcs after his Troll ate his Goblin..
I won 3-1 in the most anti-climactic match of my life...

Game 5 vs Coen

Chasing the best comeback award, I hit a wall of Saurus that didn't fail a block, skinks that would not even get knocked over and an elf team rolling 1s again.. at 1-0 at half time I might have had a chance, but a Skink long-bomb in turn 8 leaves me with a mountain to climb and not enough Elves.. as I push for TDs I leave myself very bare in defence and go down like an Amsterdam whore on happy hour - 4-0.

I hate this f*cking game! :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

Congrats you all for another great tourney by the water.
Next time, next time .. :( (isn't that what i said last time?)

How about some pics to even make me look even worst!?
Especially that first match of yours, Norse ..

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Not only back home again, but also back at work ( :pissed: ). Game report may follow soon.

I had a great weekend and really enjoyed the superb atmosphere! :lol:

Thanks to all the organizers for making this event possible, and thanks again for inviting me. I also want to thank not only my opponents (keep leaping, Daryl) but all of you who have been in Legendz for the great time. :lol: :lol:

See some of you soon

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Revenge ! Revenge !
Last year, I come back to Paris from Amsterdam with 5 lost games and the looser price, a beautiful norse blitzer woman.
So I have a lot of thing to show first thing is that I can win a game.

I took a human team with 3 blitzers, 2 catchers, 1 thrower (I know I can't say it properly but I can write it ;) Norse ) , 6 linemen, 1 apo and 3 rerolls, 2ff.

1st game vs Daan (Dwarves)
Pouring rain all the game. My first game with hummies since a long time against a good dwarf team. And his troll slayers again roll 6 for catching the ball :o
1-1 (no causalties)
Nerves of steel on my catcher.
Tackle on my blitzer.

2nd game vs BlueDevil420 (Lizardmen)
He kicks, he scores. He kicks, I try to score before the half, eventually my thrower runs in the endzone.
I kick, perfect defense, first block : both down ! I smile, my catcher can take the ball … and score. I kick, perfect defense, third block : both down. My thrower succeed to pick up the ball after a fight in his field, he scores twice !
3-1 (2-1 casualties)
Kick on a lineman
Block on another lineman

3rd game vs Norse (High Elves)
I have been shame to play against these beautifull minis with my «almost painted » humans.
I kick, his first action was a two dice block : skull/both down after a reroll. :lol : I can get the ball with my catcher and put a tackle zone on his blitzer. He dodge with his blitzer : 1 reroll 1 :lol : I score. I Kick again, a good defence allows to preserve the score until the half.
He kick, my thrower take the bal land after a while try to pass to my nerves of steel catcher… Fumble, but I have forecast this so the ball was in two tackles zones. I succeed in picking-up the ball again, hand-off … dodge, TD ! After that Norse try to score but with a good pressure on his thrower, I made a long bomb to his lion warrior, I blitz her with my tackle blitzer, my thrower get the ball, but the match is over …
2-0 (2-3 casualties)
Mighty blow on my tackle blitzer
Double on my thrower, just in case : strong arm.

4th game again Ianwilliams
He come with a beautiful human team and a strange black T-shirt with « Double Skull » written on the back :lol :
I kick, first block double skull reroll double skull ! :lol : I put a pressure on the ball. Second turn, first block : Skull reroll skull :lol : It’s written on his back ! After a big fight, his thrower succeed in getting the ball and try to pass, but my catcher can intercept 6+, 2 catch reroll 6. I got the ball, I scored. I kick, one the first block of him : double skull. Same conditions, same conclusions ... I score.
He kick, perfect defence, I made some mistake, he get the ball and score. He kick again, this time, I use well my thrower, short pass, handing-off to my nerves of stell, dodge and TD.
After that the match is a lot of failed dodge with reroll, failing pick up the ball ...
3-1 (2-1 casualties)
Shadowing on my super blitzer.
Block on a lineman.

At this moment, I was 2nd with 16 points, Tim has 20 points.

5th game again Tim
Blizzard all the game :x
I kick, with his four first blocks : 2 casualties and 1 Ko ... Where is my scrimmage line ? Oh :o in the dugout ! ok !
Things seem very difficult. I try to stop his st4 goblin, 2 bull centaur, nope. He score. He kick, my thrower try to pass the ball to the nerved of steel catcher, but due to the blizzard he has to make an extra square, failed, the ball is lost... I finished the half with 4 players on the pitch (5ko, 3casualties). He kick, I play with 7 players, his 6 cd make a wall, he get the ball and score ... Now the rest of the match is just for fun cos He had at least 22 points. Thank to a pitch invasion against his cd , I can score with 4 or 5 humans ! :) Last drive, I waiting for the blitz to score and draw the game, with 5 players ... Throw a rock on my thrower, injuried. He score in two turn against 4 humans.
1-3 (0-7 !!! casualties)
I finish 5th, a pretty lucky ranking.
Eventually I fill lucky to have made the finale cos of a lot of first block against me double skulls.
Congrats Tim, I hate blizzard.
Thanks to Lucy, Patrick, Niels, Norse for this tournament, and TBB’ers for coming and playing.

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I'm on holiday at the moment...pics and stuff when I get home. Got 60 od pics before the battery ran out (right before playing round 5) so there must be a fw decent ones.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Well then, i'm finally back from that long trip and the bragging can begin
:D

First of all i must say that regardless of the result, i really enjoyed the weekend in all categories. Getting to know a lot of you better was worth the trip alone. Thanks to Norse and Lucy for inviting me and sorry (well not too sorry) to all for grabbing the trophy and hiding it deep in Germany. I think everyone of us had a great weekend!

Match reports follow as soon as i get some time for it!

P.S. Thanks to whoever-did-it for the nice unique title beneeth my name. Double thanks for not making it "Clinical German Powergamer" :D Didn't mean to put an idea into your head ... :-?

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Seeing as I have a few minutes...from memory, lousy alcohol and caffeine scarred thing that it is.

Rat n' Roll - thrower, 2 stormvermin, 3 Gutter Runners, 6 Linerats 3 rerolls, 3 FF.

Game 1 - Gorbad's Dark Elves.
I was Buzzing on coffee. Pouring rain. I remember absolutely nothing about this game, and I'm sure I'm mixing up my memories with my game 4....I won fairly comfortably...I got Razor sharps on a stormvermin...

Game 2 - Benja's Dwarfs.
They were blue. My Skaven got their arses smeared all over the pitch. Went 1-0 down at the end of the first half. Benja simply refused to roll less than 8 on armour rolls.
Got a quick TD to start the second half after a fumbled pass landed in the clutches of the intended Linerat target who scampered upfield and handed off to a GR in two tackle zones, from which said GR promptly dodged to score. First of two miracle scores on the day.
Benja's drive I had plenty of rats to start with, but about half of them were stunned each turn so I was fighting to try and put up as awkward a defence. Benja was very conservative with his rerolls, and it paid off, as he used his last (which I think may have come from a cheering fans? don't remember) to reroll the block that opened up the hole for his winner. I didn't play badly, but the strength of the dwarfs put paid to my chances in a fairly even game.

Game 3 - Dave's Norse.
Oh goody. Block all round you say. This game was a massacre from turn two onwards, after I'd taken a quick lead. I had nothing go my way all game, as one of Dave's Blitzers mowed through my team (4 cas), and my Dirty player got sent off rom his first foul (taking Dave's AG4 blitzer out of the game for most of the rest of the game though). Managed miracle TD number 2 (which Dave has mentioned...dodge in TZ, dodge out of TZ, 1 die block, dodge out of TZ, pick up ball, GFI twice to core). Not much you can do on defence when you only have six available players though.
One of those games...I made a couple of really dumb errors too, reflecting my inexperience with rats and doing before thinking.

Game 4 - Deathwing's Amazons.
I expected to get taken to the cleaners here. DW had trained against Longfang's skaven.
Thing was, when the dice hate you, as they tend to when Woody is against me, there isn't a lot you can do. Six skulls in two turns wrecked Woody's defence n my first drive. Skaven speed and Woody's incredible ability to roll 7 or less on armour rolls allowed me to put together a tenacious defence, with some cunning play to put a ball carrier in the crowd, with the resultant throw in giving me a dangerous chance at a score - which my Gutter Runner and Linerat managed to take advantage of (I would have been screwed had it not worked). 2-0 at half time.
Second half started with it looking like things had turned for Woody...a solid score in a wake of stunned Rats (his fans had got the ref, letting his dirty player run wild) reducing the deficit...I feared another of my patented second half meltdowns...but my luck kicked back in and Woody's left the building. A couple more skulls for the amazons and I sealed the win.
Not so much go dluck for me as bad luck for Woody that won me this one.

Game 5 - Longfang's Skaven
Skaven versus Skaven...high scoring, lots of cas? not on your life.
I started as I'd started before - relying on my GR's speed. Not enough against more skaven, especially skaven with block and tackle.
Things looked good for Longfang, and I thought was about to be shown how Skaven should be played.
I got a couple of breaks on the dice again though, and I thought Del was a little conservative with his play while I was by this stage pulling dumb stuff that had no real right to work, and was able to mount a shaky but tenacious defence that held for the rest of the half.

With Del recieving in the second half, after a riot delayed us three turns, I was again expecting a lesson...but the kick was deep and I could marshall a pretty decent defence. I don't remember how the ball came loose the first time but I tried a GR to GR long pass play for a score. It went horribly wrong. Longfang caged up and pushed down the right flank. A massive ruck ensued, leaving a 1 dice blitz for a stormvermin to stop the ball carrying thrower. It came up a pow, and the ball did one of those dances through the pack out into the open. A GR decided to try the same long pass play again, just being in range of picking up the ball. This time it worked - the original intended reciever this time getting a chance after having not had a chance to move since the original botched pass. 1-0.
Del then showed me exactly how Skaven should be used as he ran a textbook score in. I had one turn left and tried the Marcus Move to get a one turner with a rooki skaven. I ALMOST got the GR in position before a roll went wrong and the game endd in a daw.

Overall 2 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw. Happy with how I played considering my inexperience with Rats. No luck on saturday, whereas it was the Wodell guys who had no luck against me on sunday. It was all good fun though. SKaven aainst Skaven is really recommended to mke you think things though properly.

Thanks to all....looking forward to the next one.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Just a quick note on our game Thads...........I thought you were committing suicide on your opening turn. You ran a ball carrying GR with no protection deep into my half. Not only that but you left him in range of a Blitz from my Block/Tackle linerat. To say I thought it was Christmas would be an understatement. Kick......my turn 1.......in possession of the ball.........Wayhay! :o It's fortunate for you that you were one lucky SOB all game and my rats were a bunch of flankers. :wink: I'm still shaking my head in disbelief at the result as I think of it now :D

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Ok, here we go.
Played Zons, 3B 2C 2T 5L 4TRR 4FF

Game 1. Bem (Undead).
Third tourney in A'dam, third time I've drawn Bem in the opening round. :o A defeat last year at T5 followed by a draw in the Dutch Open.
This time around I get some help via a Pitch invasion at the start of the 2nd half tied at 1-1, and run out 3-1 winner to level our personal series at 1-1-1.

Game 2. Ramsey/Norse (High Elves).
Norse has pretty much covered this one, tight and enjoyable as usual between us. Nice to finally put a win on the board after two draws though.
Thanks for a great one mate! :)

Game 3. Daan. (Dwarves).
First time against Daan, and not a good match up for 'zons. Finished 1-1 despite being up a couple of players at the end. Kept knocking the ball loose and it kept either scattering right in the middle of a crowd of Dwarves or being caught. Finally got it out on my turn 7 after the ball/cage had more or less spent all half within a coupla squares of half way. Needed to complete a short pass from Thrower to Catcher and she'd have been away out of range and a 2-1 win. Inaccurate pass and that was that.

Game 4. Thads (Skaven).
I was actually pretty confident of winning this one. 5 sets of doubleskulls (including early quad skulls) and a skull-TRR-skull put paid to it. On top of that I managed 1 KO in the entire game via Blocking, just couldn't roll above 7.
Got the Ref when 2-0 down and managed to get 3 off the field through fouling, brought it back to 2-1.
From the resulting KO, unprotected GR runs deep in my half with the ball in range of both a Tackle Blitzer and a Thrower. Ooh, thanks very much I thought. Tackler did his job and duly knocked down the GR. Thrower fumbled the pass, got pushed off the ball and the GR dodges out, picks it up and takes it in for 3-1.

Game 5. ianwilliams (Human).
All my bad luck reverses to haunt Ian after he decides to kick, gets the Blitz and scores. Pitch Invasion, Thrown Rock and multiple injuries through blocks make the game a mockery, and no contest of coaching skill at all. Hope for a better one next time mate! :wink: I just make sure of the max 5 pts, knowing that I'm 4 points behind ian and a shutout pts-wise will see me finish above him. I feel a little guilty, but well, it's always a risk running with FF1 and I've been on the recieving end enough times.

Great tournament, but Sunday was just too one-sided in terms of luck to make for really enjoyable games. Even when Thads more or less handed me the ball on a plate for a chance to drive for 2-2 I couldn't do anything with it, and the game against Ian was a non-event (that nevertheless worked wonders for my final standing).

W3 T1 L1, 5th(?) place and Most Sporting (or Entertaining or something?) Opponent is a nice result, the first time I've won anything and my best set of results outside Nottingham to date.
Gotta be happy with that! :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Sorry Deathwing, but your rank is 6th ... just after me :P

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

longfang wrote:Just a quick note on our game Thads...........I thought you were committing suicide on your opening turn. You ran a ball carrying GR with no protection deep into my half. Not only that but you left him in range of a Blitz from my Block/Tackle linerat. To say I thought it was Christmas would be an understatement. Kick......my turn 1.......in possession of the ball.........Wayhay! :o It's fortunate for you that you were one lucky SOB all game and my rats were a bunch of flankers. :wink: I'm still shaking my head in disbelief at the result as I think of it now :D
I don't think I was especially lucky...more you were fairly unlucky.

Either way the game - and the one against Woody for that mater - proved that 1) I didn't really know what the hell I was doing with Skaven, on offence at least, 2) Having a speedy team allows you to make up for big blunders and 3) The dice always seem to roll better if you're trying stupid, has no right to suceed stuff.
Add in that the dice decided to take a whacking great big dump on the pair of you...but then again, it had done that to me all saturday.