English, Scandinavians and others

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

English, Scandinavians and others

Post by Princelucianus »

My last effort :roll:

Try to organise a team for the Eurobowl dudes.....
If the Swedes can't make a team, would it be possible to make a Scandinavian team?
And for the English, come on. The biggest BB nation in Europe and you can't organise a team for the Eurobowl :o
And for the others, come on, show that your country is a Bloodbowl nation....

So, I'm of to Paris, but I hope to see nice things here when I return.
Otherwise, thanks for considering it.

Lucy
:smoking:

Reason: ''
RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Andre, I might just have to come all by myself just to fly the flag, and get hammered both on and off the pitch. :smoking:

Any chace of your sofa :zzz: :smoking:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I can't believe that we could get 10 English coaches at the Dutch Open but we can't get 8 to come for an international..

Jesus guys, where's your famous nationalist pride?? :P

On second thoughts, stay home... we wouldn't want to have to alert the authorities to your hooligan ways... :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Let's be fair here, some of us have already attended 2 tournies in A'dam this year...Much as I love the city and would love to come over, 4 tournies abroad in a year are just too many for me financially. It's all very well for you guys to keep hosting these things...

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Deathwing wrote:Let's be fair here...
When's the last time I was fair you big Ogre? :P

In all sincerity though, and not talking about you directly, if we can get 8+ Spanish and Italian coaches to make the journey, I'm genuinely surprised that England (the country with the most BB coaches in the world) cannot also send 8... sure, some guys cannot afford multiple overseas trips a year and I understand that, but there are more than 8 coaches in England aren't there?? :-?

Easyjet flights make it an absolute doddle! Given how much some guys are willing to fork out for OOP models, I'm surprised that a fun weekend and a chance to represent your country doesn't take priority...

If the ECBBL came that would just about do it... :roll:

plus, it might just give Fritz some opposition! :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

I agree !

What would be an european tournament without the englishmen.

And who is Fritz ? :)

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Don't forget that it's only 2 weeks after Spiky, which an awful lot of English guys are attending. Whilst it may not be abroad, it still entails a weekend away (for most) and all the attendent accomodation/tourney fees/beer money etc that goes with it.
If you're gonna hold a tournament with one weekend in between it and a major English tourney then it's hardly surprising that you're not snowed under with English, is it? :roll:
At no point (to my knowledge) since this was first mooted has anybody committed to raising an English team and travelling over...

Just follow the pattern of history mate, i.e. you continentials squabble away amongst yourselves, and when any one country starts dominating the others the English will sort out the mess for you. :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

simply can't afford it this year. Two weddings, a stag in london and over £600 on car MOTs means I'm pretty much limited to spiky.

saving for next year though.

and as deathwing says, we invent the game, let you lot get good at it then come back along and show you how much you have to learn ;)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Much as I'd love to come over, a tourney in 2 weeks, one 4 weeks later, plus having brougt a new house and car this year, I really can't justify the money, which I don't have atm anyway.

As Indigo says, maybe next year.

As a sidenote, did the European BB calender that someone suggested/started get off the ground?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Norse wrote:If the ECBBL came that would just about do it... :roll:
:oops:

I can't make it anyway.

As for the others I know some have muttered about going, but there wasn't enough interest. Cost & the proximity of Spikey are probably the main deterents.

Still I'm surprised no one else has managed to organise a team.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Yea me too. Me and Deathwing can't continuosly fly the flag for England. I didn't show interest in this because I thought there would be plenty of takers for the positions. I wouldn't mind squeezing in another weekend in the Dam, but I'm not too serious about doing it. I got an exspensive and busy couple of months coming up. I'll talk about it in Paris next weekend and maybe I'll be persuaded. Perhaps I can judge the painting for you and get pissed and stoned.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

It looks pretty bleak for me too. I'd love to get a bunch of marauding Norsemen together and fight for my adopted home, especially in Amsterdam, but its the old "how many foreign tourneys can my wallet handle?".

I was in Nottingham, I was at Tulips, I will be in Reading - and I can really only do that because I get free board. I hope to make at least one of the Dutch and French opens next year, in addition to the above three events. As is I was forced to back out of Mannheim because I'm very strapped at the minute (serves me right for working in the public sector).

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Jesus, sounds like you losers need proper jobs.... :P

OK, well, I didn't pick the dates, Lucy did. I'm guessing he wasn't fully aware of the Spiky when he did so unless he wanted to disciminate against the uneducated masses... :-?

as I said, it's a shame, but given that Spain and Germany are coming, it would have made bugger all difference to the end result anyway... :roll:

Have a nice Spiky!

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I HAVE got a proper job.

Its just in public sector helthcare and therefore I get paid peanuts...

As for uneducated...
Thadrin BSc MSc :?:

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.