PBEM Problem - 2 computers, one game

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Baron Ollie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

PBEM Problem - 2 computers, one game

Post by Baron Ollie »

I have a work computer and a home computer. I use the same coach name (exactly as far as I know), and I started a game on the work computer. The file was sent back to me on the weekend, so I wanted to do a turn at home. I can open the file in the tool, but I can't click on any players. It keeps telling me I am not the coach of either team. Is this because the game has to be played on one machine all the time or did I make a subconcious spelling error when I entered my coach name at work? I have tried about 3 permutations of the name and no go.

I cannot go to work until Monday to check the spelling. Any way I can get it to work short of that?

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The game can be played on more than one computer, though for cheat detection reasonss most commishes don't allow more than 2 (so work and home). My guess is that you've made an unconsious spelling mistake. I'd suggest copying the bbcheck.ini from your work computer and sending it to your home one, and pasting it to the ini folder there.

And if you've started any games on your home computer doing the reverse, as you may have the same problem there.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

The other alternative is that your opponnet clicked to say he was playing for both teams!!!

But yes - the issue almost certainly the log in name

Dave

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Dangerous Dave wrote:The other alternative is that your opponnet clicked to say he was playing for both teams!!!
No I didn't! :wink: :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Remember the login name is case sensitive...

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL