League Manager Software.

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Exer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Exer »

Any chance of getting some sort of documentation to explain how to use your software?
As a first time user, I wasn't too sure where to start.

Thanks for the awsome work!!

-T

Reason: ''
Janzki
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Janzki »

Just wondering... Is there a way to output an HTML-team roster? Would be handy.

-Janzki

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Any chance of getting some sort of documentation
No. :)
Seriously though, I totally understand how the application can be complicated and I have been meaning to type up some instructions on how to use it. I guess I'll just have to bump the priority on this one...
Is there a way to output an HTML-team roster?
Yes there is. Although it is a bit messy due to the fact that LeagueManager is aimed at keeping track of multiple teams. I will get started on the docs which will explain how to do this.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Ok, I just put together a "Quick Start". You can find it on the LeagueManager website (link below).

-- Christer

Exer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Exer »

Sweet! thanks christer.

-t

Janzki
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Janzki »

Thank you! :D

:D -janzki

Mr. Sanity
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Sanity »

Hi, I was testing out your League Manager, and I am having trouble with the HTML exporting of rosters. Currently, it isn't exporting rosters but it exports everything else.

Could you please clarify what Roster HTML prefix is for?

Thanks...

Mr. Sanity

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Roster HTML Prefix is what the LeagueManager adds before the actual links in the html files..

The things that need to be set to make html export of rosters to work:

HTML Export tab:
Roster Folder - Directory where the program should save your rosters
Roster Template file - the template file LM should use to generate rosters.

In the teams:
Webpage - The filename of the team's webpage (such as someteam.html). Don't use http:// or anything like that in here.

-- Christer

Mr. Sanity
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Sanity »

christer wrote:Roster HTML Prefix is what the LeagueManager adds before the actual links in the html files..

[snip]

In the teams:
Webpage - The filename of the team's webpage (such as someteam.html). Don't use http:// or anything like that in here.

-- Christer
A-ha! I thought that was for a remote web page. Thanks for the clarification.

Post by Guest »

Still having trouble with HTML export.

I'd love to use this excellent tool with SkiJunkie's also excellent tool, but without HTML export I can;t get anything to work.

Also, the quickstart section of the webpage is blank. . .

Christer, could you just write a simple step-by-step team export example?

Falc
Rookie
Rookie

Remarks after a few days of use

Post by Falc »

I've been messing with this program for a few days and here are a few remarks I'd like to make:

1) Thanks for making this program, it's really making things a lot easier for me :-)

2) A feature I would like to see is the ability to associate each team with it's own stylesheet when exporting to html. From what I can tell this shouldn't be a problem, simply a matter of adding a variable to the teams kinda like the current 'webpage' field, and using @@stylesheet@@ or something like that in the roster template.

3) When I am editing a team and adding a player, if I first enter the name and then pick a template position, the name will disappear.

4) A similar error occurs when reporting a match: all info in that window is reset when I enter something in the player performance dialog. SO the only way to do this is entering the players first and then the general stuff.

5) Speaking of which: what exactly do the BH/SI/D fields in the match report window mean? Injuries caused or suffered?

6) A complete manual would be nice :-)

Real life should be optional
Falc
Rookie
Rookie

Forgot some things

Post by Falc »

When I was looking at the HTML your program generates I noticed the following:

You have <a href="@@WEBPAGE@@">@@NAME@@</a> in a few of your templates. However, this results in a double link, ie.

<a href="team.html"><a href="team.html">Team name</a></a>

This is caused by the fact that the href part is also present in your @@NAME@@ variable, I removed the <a href="@@WEBPAGE@@"> and the </a> and things are fine in my pages.

Second, a simple remark, your templates do not generate HTML4.01 compliant code, while they could easily be modified to do so. If you wish I could help you with this, didn't take me too long to make the necessary changes.

Falc
Rookie
Rookie

Found an answer to my own question

Post by Falc »

I found a way to associate each team with it's own stylesheet.

Make a separate folder for each team, and enter folder\teamroster.html as the webpage for the team. And then edit the team roster template to include a stylesheet with a generic name like teamstyle.css. Place a personalized copy of teamstyle.css in each team's folder and voilà, instant team personalization.

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Second, a simple remark, your templates do not generate HTML4.01 compliant code, while they could easily be modified to do so. If you wish I could help you with this, didn't take me too long to make the necessary changes.
To be honest, I haven't really looked at the templates in quite a while. I didn't spend too much time on these templates and simply took the output of some other roster editor I knew worked in JBB and modified it into a template.

If you want to make new templates that generate standards compliant code, I'd be happy to set them up on the LM webpage. Maybe even go with XHTML Strict? The only requirement I have on the roster template is that it needs to be JBB compatible.
3) When I am editing a team and adding a player, if I first enter the name and then pick a template position, the name will disappear.

4) A similar error occurs when reporting a match: all info in that window is reset when I enter something in the player performance dialog. SO the only way to do this is entering the players first and then the general stuff.
I'm aware of this problem and should probably take the time to fix it. :oops:
5) Speaking of which: what exactly do the BH/SI/D fields in the match report window mean? Injuries caused or suffered?
I've intended them to be casualties caused. This is also how the casualties are reported when you import a .res file.
6) A complete manual would be nice
Indeed it would. Care to write one? ;)

-- Christer

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hi Christer,

I'm looking for something which would complete Skijunkie... I mean, your tool is great for managing a league (yeah, maybe the name comes from here... ;)), but I would like to know if you'd add an extra game roll dice simulator... For winnings, experience dice and ageing... with automatical effect on the league rosters.

I'm currently playing in an online league which uses something like this... but I wonde rif it should be made in a software... Just an idea. PM me if interested for more details (I don't know if you'd remember, this is something I talked about when talking sometimes ago ;))