Team tracker (bis)

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dain
Veteran
Veteran

Team tracker (bis)

Post by Dain »

In France, team tracker doesn't work.
Is there any other country where it doesn't work, too?

I'm working on a delphi program which will create html roster and calculate stats, MVP ... etc.
I would like to know if there is a lot of people who could be interested in that new tool. And so, know if i should make a complete program which implement all teams or just a simple french program.

More, can you tell me what would do like to see changed/added in team tracker in order to put them in the tool.

Let me know, that would be great!
Dain

Reason: ''
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Dain,

Before you start, I have set up an Excel spreadsheet which is more up to date than Team Tracker and is much more flexible in terms of adding options - it is probably less professional than Team Tracker... but then I'm an amateur! The HTML part only works in Excel 2000 (or later) - however, the rest of it works in earlier versions of Excel. Download it and see if it works for you.

http://www.dn-allen.supanet.com/Excel/BBRoster.zip

There is a thread on this - so if you have any questions they may be answered there - if not feel free to ask away - ask on the thread so its all in one place... however following the move a lot of the thread seems to have vanished

viewtopic.php?t=1027

I am working on an updated version following some feedback. However every time I get to do something on it I have to stop to do something else! Anyway let me know what you think.

Dave

Dain
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dain »

I have downloaded it yesterday and that works well, even in France.
you have spent lot of time on it...
But, i would like to make a tool which allow us to easily get a complete roster, like team tracker, plus picture enhancement, stats, team database ... and i don't think excel can provide that. Maybe i'm wrong!

anyway, good job and i'm sure the update, you are working on, is better. Be sure i will dissect your bbroster to pick up the good ideas :o

Maybe, you can modify the html output in order to create table not wider than 750. i mean, the roster is quite wide in the html code, there is an horizontal scrollbar and i work under 1600*1200 resolution ... :wink:

Dain

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Yeah the size of the html output is one of the changes!

Dave

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Dain said

But, i would like to make a tool which allow us to easily get a complete roster, like team tracker, plus picture enhancement, stats, team database ... and i don't think excel can provide that. Maybe i'm wrong!

Sounds good to me! Maybe I don't need to complete the new version! ;) With what is proposed, are you trying to link in stats from the PBEM tool as well?

The biggest problem I've had with this Excel version has been the damn html output - particularly when trying to add in the pictures. Excel really doesn't like it and, if you add in the picture refs, as soon as you mess about with the html in Excel - it really screws up the html.

Anyway - feel free to use any of the ideas in the spreadsheet - if you want to see any formulae etc - email me (the protection is there mainly to stop users screwing up the spreadsheet rather than to stop them seeing how I put it together).

Dave

Dain
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dain »

The picture enhancement is nearly finished, just one or two things remain...

I don't expect problems with pics but ... maybe i forgot something!
Html output is quite easy cause, it's a simple text file.

About stats... that will be the last part of the developpement because Ronald has crypted the savegames and if i want to use them, i have to know the code. Before Ronald allows me to know that, i have to finalyse a good program and show him i have worked a lot for bloodbowl community, like him. so, to be continued...
To answer your question, yes, i want to create a prog which can open a pbembb savegame and extract a max of stats!

Dain