PBEM Help... with Interceptions

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

PBEM Help... with Interceptions

Post by tchatter »

Ok stupid newbie question time... How do I handle interceptions?

I have a guy who is attempting a pass, and their is an opponent that can intercept. Using the PBEM tool, what do I do to do this properly? Do I just attempt the pass and the tool will do the intercept roll? Or do I need to do the intercept roll then attempt the pass?

Help please....:)

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Currently you have to do it manually...so the latter.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Since I messed this up several times starting out, guess it's my turn to explain.

Start with your pass as usual selecting the passer, left-click for a pass, then click on the receiver. Now in the log, you will see a message pop up if a player is in position to intercept (and hopefully the pass box doesn't pop up on top of the log and then you forget to move it and look under it, which I did).

Close the pass window and now roll manually for interception. If it's intercepted, mail the file back to the opponent so they can add insult to injury and run in for a TD or out of range of all your players because you refused once again to leave anybody in your backfield just in case...

If the interception attempt fails, do the same pass sequence as above, but this time ignore the note that pops in the log that someone can intercept the ball.

I think I got all that right.

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Thanks that is what I did. Clicked as if making a pass, then saw who could make the interception in the log. Looked up the modifiers and their AG, made the d6 roll. Then continued with my pass, catch, and 2 GFI TD. To win the game in overtime :P

Thanks! I wonder why that hasn't become an automatic die roll like Dauntless? I guess cuz Galak is pretty busy doing other things.

TChatt

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Not entirely fair there ... it is somewhat automated.

You didn't need to do any math. Right click on the opponent with the chance to intercept and select Catch ... you'll see one of the options is Interception ... it handles the skill and everything.

Galak