MartynQ's Blood Bowl Team Editor

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No, I think I'll stick with the Windows Exe. Anything complicated :zzz: Takes up to many brain cells. :D

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

OK, fair enough. Have you got it to work now?

I guess the only reason I have vague instructions for installing the sourcecode is that originally I couldn't work out how to produce a standalone Windows exe. Now I've managed to do that I should go and adjust the webpage a bit.

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

OK, version 0.9 of my team editor is now uploaded to my webpage:

http://uk.geocities.com/martyn_quick/teamedit.html

Added in this version:
  • Corrected ogre's ST :oops:
    Added feature for displaying list of dead and retired players
    Options for adjusting which info is displayed on the HTML sheet
    Corrected bug when accented letters were used in names
I'm hoping the next version will be a fully operational semi-bug-free one, so any errors discovered will be gratefully received and hopefully corrected.

Martyn

dpdx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dpdx »

Hi, I'm a newb in TRUBBL and I downloaded/installed v0.8 of your editor, and it's great.

A couple of minor niggles:

- On potential hires with skills too numerous to fit in the box (is there any other kind?), the text scrolls all the way out of the box, but there's no way to arrow over to read the rest of it. [e.g., Minotaur - not readable after 'Throw teammate.']

- Can't seem to download v0.9 - maybe it's because there are multiple . in the filename.

Other than that, it's outstanding, though.

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

dpdx wrote:- On potential hires with skills too numerous to fit in the box (is there any other kind?), the text scrolls all the way out of the box, but there's no way to arrow over to read the rest of it. [e.g., Minotaur - not readable after 'Throw teammate.']
I think you can make this text scroll by clicking in the box and dragging to the right. To be honest, this isn't the best solution, but the only one I could come up with. I'll think about it and see what I can come up with.
- Can't seem to download v0.9 - maybe it's because there are multiple . in the filename.
Yeah, I've no idea what's going on there. The file definitely exists and a friend on mine discovered that it does download eventually, but just takes an age to get going. I'll try not putting so many dots in for the next version and see if that does the trick.
Other than that, it's outstanding, though.
Thank you very much!

Martyn

dpdx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dpdx »

Don't know if you've fixed this in 0.9, Martyn, but Throw TeamMate is misspelled, and the PBeM software (v2.4) doesn't recognize it. It seems that the hyphen in Team-Mate is throwing it off.

I don't mean to pick on you, and I still think your software is excellent. The only reason I noticed this one is because I was playing a practice game to get the hang of 2.4, and I did up a team of flings from your program.

Peace,
dpdx

[on edit: it's still misspelled on 0.9.]

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Yeah, I need to check whether I've spelt all the skills correctly to work with the PBEM tool... thanks for pointing this out.

Martyn

Toby

Post by Toby »

*EDIT*
Martynq, this is brilliant ! couple of flaws...

A. Every Time you CLICK on "Match Data" and then "OK" you get "1 Match Played" and one "Draw".
B. It's imposible to edit the NAMES of your players.
C. Programm does not start in FULLSCREEN.
D. Cool Icon for Desktop Link would be nice.

Martynq, seriously please take a look at what I have done (Team Lists & Team Rosters reorganized). It might turn out that some of my ideas could improve the Layout of the Team Rosters your superb Tool produces.

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Toby wrote:A. Every Time you CLICK on "Match Data" and then "OK" you get "1 Match Played" and one "Draw".
Did you enter data in the Match Data window? It detects from the score you enter whether it was a win, draw or loss (at least it *should*). A plan for the future is a facility to edit and correct match data.
B. It's imposible to edit the NAMES of your players.
See above about editing and correction facility. (Future addition)
C. Programm does not start in FULLSCREEN.
No idea how to do this... even still, I think I prefer it opening as a window like most other Windows apps.
D. Cool Icon for Desktop Link would be nice.
:D Not an urgent one!! :wink:
seriously please take a look at what I have done (Team Lists & Team Rosters reorganized). It might turn out that some of my ideas could improve the Layout of the Team Rosters your superb Tool produces.
I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do nor its implications. Your changes seem to go too far away from the LRB which is what I intend to stick fairly close to. This is an inappropriate thread to discuss it in, but perhaps I could PM you for a brief summary.

Martyn

Toby

Post by Toby »

Every Time you just click on Game Data, w/o entering anything, and then "OK" (instead of "x"), you get a 0-0 Draw and 1 Game Played.

If you right click the Desktop Icon, and set it to "open in" a.normal, b.minimized c. maximised, maximised doesnt work.

Your editor should start full/screen (maximised window, only windows task bar remaining), because of its nature. (you have to maximise anyways if you want to see everything).

regarding my suggestion: i.e you might want to get more "space" in skills and traits. add a column "race" and assign the "racial characteristics" to the "races". Instead of "Big Guy, Bone Head" you would only need "Ogre".

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Toby wrote:Every Time you just click on Game Data, w/o entering anything, and then "OK" (instead of "x"), you get a 0-0 Draw and 1 Game Played.
Which isn't surprising, since by selecting OK it is assuming that you are entering data for a match. I'll try to adjust so that it won't let you click OK unless you actually enter an opponent's name (for a future version, not 1.0 which is just going to kill bugs and tidy up the code a bit).
If you right click the Desktop Icon, and set it to "open in" a.normal, b.minimized c. maximised, maximised doesnt work.
No idea about any of this - I never use this facility.
Your editor should start full/screen (maximised window, only windows task bar remaining), because of its nature. (you have to maximise anyways if you want to see everything).
I can see everything when I run it - you need your screen to be set to 1024x??? I think.
regarding my suggestion: i.e you might want to get more "space" in skills and traits. add a column "race" and assign the "racial characteristics" to the "races". Instead of "Big Guy, Bone Head" you would only need "Ogre".
OK, I don't agree with your suggestion and it wouldn't work with the PBEM tool if I were to follow this. It isn't the case that Ogre necessarily implies that you have Bonehead (for example, one version of the ogre team being tested has some with Bonehead and some with Really Stupid). The skills boxes might well need some thinking about in general, but I think introducing a Race column isn't the way to do it. It would really start to take me too far from LRB territory for my liking.

Martyn