New to PBeM

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

New to PBeM

Post by Darkson »

Having not found any table-top players in my local vacinity I'm tempted to give this a try.

Could someone give me step-by-step instructions of what I need to download, and from where. If possible, please aviod comp-speak and abbreviations as my techno jargons not up to speed.

Also, I noticed that you should send in your turn daily. What happens if I'm having a bad connection day (and that happens a lot)? Do I forfeit the game if I miss my "slot"? if so, i'll have to give it a miss until my connections a bit more stable.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

PBem basics:

Go to http://www.pbembb.com

There you will find the 2.2 version of the software. Download the full version.

Its a zip file with path names. When you unzip it, MAKE SURE to use check the option to extract the folder names also.

Then your best bet is to download the showcase file on the same web site and step through it to get an idea how to use the tool.

After you've done the above let me know. I could take the time to play you a friendly since I'm done in both the MBBL and MBBL2 for about another month.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Cheers, Galak.

I'l try and sit down over the weekend and have a look at it. If I've got a handle on it I'll contact you.

Thanks.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.