Pbem tips............

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Pbem tips............

Post by Rustycan »

Ok im just starting in a new PbeM league and I feel like im playing the damn game for the first time!!! Im miscounting squares, knocking my own guys down, not knocking my opponents down, and unable to figure out how to foul!! If it wasnt for tchatter I would be going out back and punturing all my BB balls!! Anyone have any tips or advice about what to do and not to do in PbeM??? Other than to move your turn marker before you save..... and to save the game!!!

Reason: ''
When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
The Grifter

Post by The Grifter »

You can found general tips on the Ronald's site here :

http://www.pbembb.com

To knock opponents' players down and not yours, just beware of team colors.

And to foul, as for block or blitz, just click and drag from the fouling player to the porr guy on the floor... the soft even calculates supports from each side.

If you need more, I shall forward you one or two topics from the league I play in, but they are in french. If it's fine to you, just tell me, it'll be a pleasure.

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I have some notes etc on how to use the tool on my web-site. There have been some changes to the PBEM tool since the notes were done, but most is still relevant:-

http://www.dn-allen.supanet.com/RABBL/P ... Hints.html

Dave

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The Grifter wrote:If you need more, I shall forward you one or two topics from the league I play in, but they are in french. If it's fine to you, just tell me, it'll be a pleasure.
Grifter is there a web site for your french league???

I'm trying to make a directory on the pbembb.com web site with a full listing of PBeM leagues ... so let me know .. thanks!

Galak

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Rustycan... check out the tips link that Dave posted, it will explain a lot of your questions.

You'll have the next turn from me as soon as it is lunch time here. They kinda frown on playing games at work during the work day... :wink:

Don't get frustrated... I think that the biggest thing with PBEM is that you really need to treat it as playing on a board. Like when you drag your player to make a block... the tool will auto roll the block dice, but just like the board game you need to move your opponents pieces. It isn't all automatic, that is the thing to remember. But once you figure out what is auto and what isn't, you'll see just how great the tool is. It will all become second nature, stick with it...

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Dain
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dain »

Galak,
i thought you already know that french league. Didn't ronald send any mail about pbem game in this league?
this league is 'France bloodbowl', which was known as "Epsilon league' some years ago. the adress is www.francebloodbowl.com
We (yes me too) are play BBowl with standard boardgame, Pbem and Skijunkie softwares.
You can reach the webmaster at zeboss@francebloodbowl.com

FRANCE BLOODBOWL
Type: Standard boardgame, Pbem, IRC and Skijunkie
Rules: LRB + minor modifications
Entry requirements: speak french
Time limits per round: Challenge format/unlimited

Dain

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Knew about the league ... didn't know you were able to use any tool or version you wanted to get the game done.

Galak