Where's my kicker?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Where's my kicker?

Post by Darkson »

I've taken up Galak's offer of a practice match to learn the PBeM system with a view to joining the next season of the MBBL. I'm using Teamtracker 2.52 to do my roster but how do I add kickers? Do I have to create a player or something else.

I've asked Galak in a PM, and I know he's a very helpful guy but I think he's got better things to be doing with his time than nursemaiding newbies like me, so can someone shed some light on this for me.

In case it helps I using a Skaven team.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well if you can't figure out Team Tracker to add players. Then I suggest you:-

add another player with the same cost (eg a thrower)

Export the HTML using Team Tracker

Open the HTML you just exported using Excel

Manually change Thrower to Kicker and change the Skills to Kick

Save the file

If you want to add the pictures - open the file in a text editor (eg note pad) and add the refs as described in the help file - how to use playerpictures.txt

Dave

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I take it I'm being extremely thick :oops:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

OK, gone to player editor (duh!) but when I try to add the kicker I get the following error:

Run-time error '1004':

unable to get the DrawingOjects property of the Worksheet class

Now what have I done wrong?

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Darkson,

When I said:-

add another player with the same cost (eg a thrower)

I meant put the thrower in your line up - don't use the adding players (player editor) function of Team Tracker.

If you can't get this to work, I have done a version of Team Tracker - it is much easier to add players than it is in Team Tracker (there are also a lot of notes) - however, the HTML only works in Excel 2000 or higher (everything else works in earlier versions of Excel). You can get the spreadsheet from:-

http://www.dn-allen.supanet.com/Excel/BBRoster.zip

Alternatively, download a skaven team from Galak's web-site (right click and save as). When downloaded, edit the team in a text editor (if you edit the team in Excel, you will screw up the picture refs - so if you want to edit in Excel, delete the picture refs first and then add them back after editing the details).

Dave

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Cheers dave, got it sorted now.

Now I can get my arse whooped by Galak :roll: