1995 BB PC Game

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

1995 BB PC Game

Post by Nightbird »

Having probs :pissed: with my 1995 BB PC game. Can't figure the sound card specs. (IRQ,DMA,PORT). I ran the SBDETECT program and it says no sound blaster found. I had a friend install this game for me about 5 years ago and am not knowledgable enough about cpu's to fix it I guess. Can anyone help.

Thanks,

B

Reason: ''
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Sorru , i cant answer to your question BUT:
Welcome to the board!!!!

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Right its an old dos game, so basically it will not work in windows XP. Those things it is asking for are for the soundblaster detection. Normally when i used to run old dos games on a new computer it was trial and error for the 3 variables.

Normally there were something like this:
IRQ 1 or 3
DMA 5,7 or 10
PORT 240

I think thats the right way aroung but its been ages since i ran a dos based game. Getting them to work in windows, basically any recent computer can be a pain and windows xp doesn't have proper dos as its based on the windows NT kernal. I have tried not to be technical, but thats about as much help as i can be without actually being there.

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

We found the best way to get BB to run was to install windows 2K (or XP) with Fat32 instead of NTFS. Which if you want to play any game made bfore 2001 you should do anyway. Then, Grumbledook is right on about the SoundBlaster detection. (Good Luck with it cuz we never did the sound to work right)

Eventually your gonna get an eror about the BB.ini file. If it says it can't find the BB.exe you need to change the name of BB.ini to BB.exe. (If I'm remembering correctly)

In the end all of this won't be worth it because that game is so full of bugs that it's barely playable. The one off games are nearly impossible to win and the league games have bugs when you try to buy new players.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nightbird »

Thanks all I guess I'll just let the past go :-? I never really did get into that game anyway. Just have a renewed interest in BB again and wanted to get in some practice. I had a friend install it for me about 5 years ago because I am not much of a cpu wiz. I did manage to play a couple games recently before it went on the fritz and all I could do was tie and that's going through all the overtime in the league mode. Oh well.

On another note I'm interested in getting into the PBEmail leagues, but don't know much about it or, again, computers. Any advice with that?

B

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Check out the Online/PBeM resourse section. That'll tell you how to get started (new to it myself, just finished my 1st game).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nightbird »

Kool 8)

Thanks D

P.S. How do I get my signature to post automatically? I checked the box in my profile, but it's not posting???