OBBLM 0.8 is out! (BB manager)

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: OBBLM 0.8 is out! (BB manager)

Post by funnyfingers »

Those are actualy the Improvement Roll fields. The aging 1 field will be useful for decay. aging 2 can be used for decay as well where you want to give a stat decrease in aging 1 but don't want a MNG because it is the end of the season or something like that.

Reason: ''
Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

And it all makes sense now, awesome. Thanks :D

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I am not sure Nicholas' reason for the double aging actually. I just came up with that explanation on the fly haha. Works out well though.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

funnyfingers wrote:I am not sure Nicholas' reason for the double aging actually. I just came up with that explanation on the fly haha. Works out well though.
And you were right.

Edit:

Also, it is explained in the help link on the match report pages:
Player skills
When you roll 2D6 for player improvements remember to record the results in the IR fields. Then, once the match report has been submitted, OBBLM will allow you to pick new player skills from the team pages - if enough SPPs have been gained. (...)

Player injuries
If a player sustains multiple injuries simply utilize the second and third injury columns "ageing 1" and "ageing 2". The only difference between the ordinary "inj" column and the ageing columns is that injuries recorded as ageing injuries do not imply a MNG.

Weav
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Weav »

I can't seem to move teams between divisions easily...what am I missing?

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Divisions aren't meant to be a way to promote teams. Divisions are static I believe.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

thats pretty confusing given the way football works in most of the world

the english football league is split up into divisions and teams move up and down between them for example

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I am just letting him know how it is. It explains why he can't do what he tried to do. I doubt it will be changed as all statistics and data for the site are written around divisions and leagues being static.

Weav
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Weav »

Thanks guys. I didn't 'figure it out' in the traditional sense, but I did manage to accomplish my goal using the tournaments module.

SableWyvern
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SableWyvern »

First up, a big thankyou to Nicholas, Funnyfingers and the rest of the guys who have worked on OBBBLM. It looks like it will prove to be an excellent resource. However...

Tournament Setup Issues
I'm not sure if I'm just missing something obvious, or if there is a problem with my install, but I've hit a brick wall on this issue.

I initially tried to set up a tournament using teams that were not tied to particular divisions. This brought up a "Does not exist" error when trying to add teams.

Deciding that it must be necessary to allocate teams to a division, and then build tournaments within a division, I made new teams that were allocated to a division, selected that division from the Schedule Matches drop-down, and entered the team name. Still I get "Does not exist".

I cannot work out what needs to be done to make the software recognise my teams and allocate them to the tournament. I tried scheduling both with Round Robin and FFA formats, same results. I made multiple different teams, checked and triple-checked they were correctly allocated to divisions, set the league to tie teams to divisions and to not do so (running Sync as instructed after each change).

I cannot come up with anything that will enable me to successfully schedule a match.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: On a possibly related note, all four teams currently in existence show up in the League team listing, but the two allocated to the "Test" division do not show up on the team list for that division (the other two are not allocated to a division).

Further Edit: Looks like a "session already started" notice was breaking the match scheduling. Commented out the session start in header.php and teams are now being accepted.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I was taking a look at this software the other day for our league. It looks great but I find the league/division/tournament thing to be very complicated for our needs.

Our league is very simple: everyone in the league is in the same group together (no divisions) and we play for a few months then have a knockout tournament. It's more of an ongoing thing with teams coming and going as coaches start new teams and retire old ones. Our league is very open and casual so we try not to have too much structure.

Can OBBLM work like this, or if not is it possible to make an simpler option for more casual leagues? Maybe I am missing something but I am just finding the whole league setup stuff confusing and too complicated.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Coach
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach »

It is possible, though it has been a while since I used it. I'll give funnyfingers a kick, he can probably explain it the best.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

You don't need to tie teams to divisions. If you create a league and tie teams to divisions then teams can never play outside of their division.

Anthony - All you have to do is create the league without division ties. Even if you did decide to have division ties, as long as all the teams are in the same division your needs are met. Leagues allow one sort of division here, divisions allow further division but keep the same commish and coaches. That is the basic point of how this is set up.

SableWyvern - I'd have to see or try further scenarios to completely understand your problem. Maybe what I have written above will help you, if not join the IRC chat on http://www/stuntyleeg.com you could probably explain it to me better.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Also another tip if you use the scheduler that users can schedule their own matches, you need to create a match to create a new tournament. YOu can delete that match if you want an empty tournament to start with.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Thanks for the tips, I will give the software another shot.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/