OBBLM 0.8 is out! (BB manager)

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

OBBLM 0.8 is out! (BB manager)

Post by nicholasmr »

Yes, we are back folks.
The new 0.8 version of OBBLM has some exiting new stuff along with many enhancements.

What is it?
OBBLM is a free open source Blood Bowl league web-manager. OBBLM generates stats, tournaments, team rosters and much more by simply submitting match data after each played match.

Example?
See http://www.stuntyleeg.com

Hosting
If you do not wish to host the site yourself we are willing at stuntyleeg.com to host your league for free. If interested please PM "funnyfingers" here or mail him at funnyfingers [AT] stuntyleeg [DOT] com.

What's new?
- Full CRP/LRB6 support (LRB5 support ended).
- Independent league support.
- Faster statistics loading, more statistics, greater control.
- Solid BOTOCS support with match reporting.
- Insanely many (+100) BOTOCS stats supported: http://code.google.com/p/obblm/wiki/Extra_Stats_Botocs
- Cyanide support with match reporting.
- New modules system. Yes, you may write your own extensions!
- Redesign of many pages.

Download
http://obblm.googlecode.com/files/obblm-0.8.zip

Help/documentation?
See the help.html file in the archive.

Problems, bugs, questions?
Bugs should be posted at http://code.google.com/p/obblm/issues/list thanks.
Questions are welcome both here and at http://code.google.com/p/obblm/wiki/GeneralHelp

... Go get it!

Reason: ''
Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: OBBLM 0.8 is out! (BB manager)

Post by Pagan »

Okay I give in. Switched over to the new version after getting the Division error to go away.

One question I have now with the new Coach access rights system. I used to be able to give coaches the ability to schedule matches without giving them full admin rights(the middle option in .75). Now it seems I can't do that without giving them access to the Admin menu within the league they are in. Is there a way to give people the right to schedule matches without everything else?

One other question, was the main page banner.png switched from a jpg for any specific reason? My banner file size is over 4x more, and not sure if the png added anything I could take advantage of.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

You can switch the the banner to jpg if you find it saves space. There is no advantage though png has been believed to be a better format.

As for scheduling, there is no rights for that but there is a module in development to allow coaches to schedule their own matches.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
RamonSalazar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RamonSalazar »

If you using a free webhost service and got this error message when running install.php, search for a different webhost service. http://www.000webhost.com/ worked for me.

Other tasks...
OK — Synchronize game data with database
OK — applied table indexes
Access denied for user '14500'@'localhost' to database '14500' CODE:
----- CREATE FUNCTION getPlayerStatus(pid MEDIUMINT SIGNED, mid
MEDIUMINT SIGNED) RETURNS TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT DETERMINISTIC READS SQL
DATA BEGIN DECLARE status TINYINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL; IF
!EXISTS(SELECT f_match_id FROM match_data WHERE f_player_id = pid
LIMIT 1) THEN RETURN 1; END IF; IF mid = -1 OR EXISTS(SELECT match_id
FROM matches WHERE match_id = mid AND date_played IS NULL) THEN SELECT
inj INTO status FROM match_data, matches WHERE f_player_id = pid AND
match_id = f_match_id AND date_played IS NOT NULL ORDER BY date_played
DESC LIMIT 1; ELSE SELECT inj INTO status FROM match_data, matches
WHERE match_data.f_player_id = pid AND matches.match_id =
match_data.f_match_id AND matches.date_played IS NOT NULL AND
matches.date_played < (SELECT date_played FROM matches WHERE
matches.match_id = mid) ORDER BY date_played DESC LIMIT 1; END IF;
RETURN IF(status IS NULL, 1, status); END

Cheers,
RS

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

RamonSalazar wrote:If you using a free webhost service and got this error message when running install.php, search for a different webhost service. http://www.000webhost.com/ worked for me.

Other tasks...
OK — Synchronize game data with database
OK — applied table indexes
Access denied for user '14500'@'localhost' to database '14500' CODE:
----- CREATE FUNCTION getPlayerStatus(pid MEDIUMINT SIGNED, mid
MEDIUMINT SIGNED) RETURNS TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT DETERMINISTIC READS SQL
DATA BEGIN DECLARE status TINYINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL; IF
!EXISTS(SELECT f_match_id FROM match_data WHERE f_player_id = pid
LIMIT 1) THEN RETURN 1; END IF; IF mid = -1 OR EXISTS(SELECT match_id
FROM matches WHERE match_id = mid AND date_played IS NULL) THEN SELECT
inj INTO status FROM match_data, matches WHERE f_player_id = pid AND
match_id = f_match_id AND date_played IS NOT NULL ORDER BY date_played
DESC LIMIT 1; ELSE SELECT inj INTO status FROM match_data, matches
WHERE match_data.f_player_id = pid AND matches.match_id =
match_data.f_match_id AND matches.date_played IS NOT NULL AND
matches.date_played < (SELECT date_played FROM matches WHERE
matches.match_id = mid) ORDER BY date_played DESC LIMIT 1; END IF;
RETURN IF(status IS NULL, 1, status); END

Cheers,
RS
Thanks for sharing this :).

Some free webhosts do not give access to anything other than the very basic hosting services of PHP and MySQL.
OBBLM requires a little more than that (MySQL functions/procedures), so if you stumble over the same problem please try another webhost.

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

Pagan wrote:Okay I give in. Switched over to the new version after getting the Division error to go away.

One question I have now with the new Coach access rights system. I used to be able to give coaches the ability to schedule matches without giving them full admin rights(the middle option in .75). Now it seems I can't do that without giving them access to the Admin menu within the league they are in. Is there a way to give people the right to schedule matches without everything else?

One other question, was the main page banner.png switched from a jpg for any specific reason? My banner file size is over 4x more, and not sure if the png added anything I could take advantage of.
What division error is this?

Unfortunately in the scheduling problem of yours that is the only way of doing it at the moment. But don't worry, we'll very likely release a quick update to 0.8 with needed changes not too far into the future, and amongst the changes is the user schedule module which should ease things up for you and others not having such a strict format.

I prefer .png because GIMP prefers it :-). It's really just random.
If you rename your old banner file (e.g. changing .jpg to .png) it makes no difference to browsers, they'll figure out how to interpret it anyway.

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

Where it was declining my creating matches between teams because they weren't in the same division. Fixed it by getting all the teams with the same league ID stopped the division error. Not sure why some got the proper ID added and some didn't before then.
I prefer .png because GIMP prefers it . It's really just random.
If you rename your old banner file (e.g. changing .jpg to .png) it makes no difference to browsers, they'll figure out how to interpret it anyway.
Never thought of doing that. Just had noticed the png was a larger file and unless it was going to do some flashy cool thing it violates my 1997 web design thought process.

One thing I keep getting asked about is on the Matches->Tournaments page. After clicking on a specific tournament and going to that page, adding a direct link to the standings under the Tournament's title before all the match data is the most mentioned thing people would like to see.

I've also noticed that tournament names don't seem to like a ' character leading a word now. When I started a new naming scheme to match our once a year system, Blood Bowl '10 (Jan-Apr), it keeps adding a \ before the '10. It can be edited out in the dbase manually, but is an anomaly I never noticed before.

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

Pagan wrote:
Where it was declining my creating matches between teams because they weren't in the same division. Fixed it by getting all the teams with the same league ID stopped the division error. Not sure why some got the proper ID added and some didn't before then.
I prefer .png because GIMP prefers it . It's really just random.
Never thought of doing that. Just had noticed the png was a larger file and unless it was going to do some flashy cool thing it violates my 1997 web design thought process.

One thing I keep getting asked about is on the Matches->Tournaments page. After clicking on a specific tournament and going to that page, adding a direct link to the standings under the Tournament's title before all the match data is the most mentioned thing people would like to see.

I've also noticed that tournament names don't seem to like a ' character leading a word now. When I started a new naming scheme to match our once a year system, Blood Bowl '10 (Jan-Apr), it keeps adding a \ before the '10. It can be edited out in the dbase manually, but is an anomaly I never noticed before.
Well, it's not really a wish of mine, nor is it possible now, to put links there. The standings tables are written in a more generic form which uses drop-downs and POST data to change the view (i.e. the tournament) of the table, as you have seen.

Yes, I'm already aware of the adding of slashes. It's a simple little bug already fixed, it'll be included in the 0.8 patching release coming not too soon. Don't worry about it for now, it does no harm. If you can't wait then edit the name manually in the DB.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

If you want 1997 style choose the clean style as the default for the site. I like it.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Timil
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timil »

Wow, this update is quite good!

But I can't see how to create a tournament.
League is created, division is ok, but I don't find how to add teams/coach to a division in order to make them available in the Schedule a match (in order to create a FFA tournament).

Thanks.

RamonSalazar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RamonSalazar »

Timil wrote:Wow, this update is quite good!

But I can't see how to create a tournament.
League is created, division is ok, but I don't find how to add teams/coach to a division in order to make them available in the Schedule a match (in order to create a FFA tournament).

Thanks.
Same problem here. You should make it in the Admin/Schedule matches.

However I can't add teams for some reason, as i stated it in issue 395.

Timil
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timil »

Exacte same problem on the same hosting site (proposed by OBBLM devs ;) )
I've looked you issue #395 and have the exacte same problem (Autocomplete does not work, find team/coach broken the same way).

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

It must be something with the hosting, though I believe the mechanism that handles that autocomplete isn't server side, and the script that actually does the work does do its job as Nicholas showed in the issue's thread. Very strange.

Timil
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timil »

Sad, but the devs advice use to use this hoster... I think it's not a hoster problem then :orc:

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

What devs? You mean Nicholas? I don't think Nicholas uses that host, at least his page doesn't indicate that.