OBBLM 0.8 is out! (BB manager)

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: OBBLM 0.8 is out! (BB manager)

Post by Pagan »

Yeah I've gone through multiple upgrades(originally 0.3 if I remember).

Currently trying to figure out a way to fix my Dark Elf Runner with +254 AG with no access to the dbase(at work). I had removed his last skill to put a different one in and the page timed out on me. When I refreshed he had 255 AG.

Not bad except for the impact on my TV it has...

Reason: ''
delwyn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by delwyn »

I bet none of his opponents would consider passing the ball anywhere near where he might intercept it :lol:

A pity he still fails everything on a 1 though :(

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

Well managed to figure out the subversion thing. Fancy new technologies. Changed the settings.php AND the other settings.php option mentioned above to get the User Schedule matches option to appear.

Unfortunately it still has issues, it keeps saying the teams are not in the same league which they are. I can schedule a match of the same two teams through the admin panel no problem.

*edit*

Now that I think about it I swear it worked when I tried to use the new User Schedule at home with Firefox 4b. Using IE7 at work so I wonder if that drop down box is having an issue between different browsers 'registering' which team is selected. Will need to check that again when I get home.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

You've enabled just the module. Now you have to enable it in the settings of the module itself. It is this way for league separation. Check out the settings in the modules and you should be good to go.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
SomeGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SomeGuy »

Forewarned: My experience with PHP and MySQL is very limited. I got Joomla to install once, and that's it.

I can't figure out how to login as an administrator. :oops: (Or, to be honest, setup the administrator account.) I can alter the settings.php and what not, but I can't figure out how to get to admin tasks. I tried going to ...obblm/admin, but it just says I don't have permission.

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

Pagan wrote:Well managed to figure out the subversion thing. Fancy new technologies. Changed the settings.php AND the other settings.php option mentioned above to get the User Schedule matches option to appear.

Unfortunately it still has issues, it keeps saying the teams are not in the same league which they are. I can schedule a match of the same two teams through the admin panel no problem.

*edit*

Now that I think about it I swear it worked when I tried to use the new User Schedule at home with Firefox 4b. Using IE7 at work so I wonder if that drop down box is having an issue between different browsers 'registering' which team is selected. Will need to check that again when I get home.
Okay upon further testing the new Fast Match Scheduler works just fine at home on Firefox4 and IE8(both Win7) but still having problems with it on IE7(Vista). Without being able to see the code being executed it seems like either the drop down menu or auto filling text box aren't getting a value to the browser, so it's trying to make a match with a null value team.

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

SomeGuy wrote:Forewarned: My experience with PHP and MySQL is very limited. I got Joomla to install once, and that's it.

I can't figure out how to login as an administrator. :oops: I can alter the settings.php and what not, but I can't figure out how to admin tasks. I tried going to ...obblm/admin, but it just says I don't have permission.
You really don't need to know a thing about either to get OBBLM running. Anytime you do instructions are usually provided on exactly what you need to do.

I'm a bit confused on exactly where you are having a problem. Does your site load up when you navigate to the main page? Any administrative tasks in OBBLM you can do after logging in(I forget if the site auto creates an admin account or asks you for one during install).

Just log in with that account and anything you'd need to do will be available to you. No need to manually go to the admin folder or anything. If you don't remember being given a default account or can't remember what you chose, I'd just rerun the install script into a new database and see if it is given during install.(been too long since I did a fresh install to remember)

SomeGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SomeGuy »

Dammit. I had hoped to get back here and delete my post before anybody saw it.

I re-ran install.php, figuring I must have missed something. Sure enough, I didn't see that "login root/root" bit the first time through. :oops:

So, it's all good now.

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

Anyone having an issue with Raised Rotters showing up unwanted in a test version of .9? I'm fairly sure I have r756 running on the site. A game between a Nurgle and a Skaven team.

A Skaven Gutter Runner died(tripped GFI) so they should get no free rotter. The drop down box on Free Rotter in the match submission was unchanged(set to 0)

However OBBLM keeps adding two rotters, RAISED ROTTER 0 and RAISED ROTTER 1 anytime the match is saved. It is also adding them to the team as if they played in the match. Meaning if I go to the team roster I cannot unhire them as they have 'played' in a match already. Multiple copies of those two rotters that show up (when saving the match again) CAN be unhired as if they didn’t play in the match. I can repeat this with any Nurgle team.

If I add in 1 Free Rotter in the drop down box AND a Dead on the other team, only the 1 free rotter shows up. It seems like OBBLM doesn't like people dying on the other team under conditions that do not give a free rotter.

*edit* It seems any match with a nurgle team is having two free rotters added to the roster unless the Free Rotters dropdown box is >0 even if no players on the other team died. Submitted to the googlecode site.

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

mac3dm
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mac3dm »

I feel a little silly posting about what I'm sure is a relatively easy fix, but after a few days of experiments, web searches, forum crawls, and IRC channels, I'm kind of at wit's end.

So here's my issue. I have set up the OBBLM on 000webhost.com (after discovering that it wouldn't function on my godaddy shared account) and have followed the instructions for the installation and settings files as best as I'm aware. The site functions and I have successfully created a league, two divisions, and some teams within those divisions. My issue comes when it is time to schedule matches for the divisions. On the tournament creation screen, regardless of which division I have selected (or even if the league abides by divisions at all, since I have also tried a divisionless league setup), when I type the name of any team I wish to add to the tournament, I am getting a "does not exist" message.

Also, if I hit the "Teams" tab, it will show me the teams if I have it filtered at the league level, but if I try to view teams in a specific division, the divisions show up as empty. This is despite the fact that the team's page shows them assigned to the correct league and the correct division.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I've run out of ideas of what it might be. Any assistance is vastly appreciated.

Thanks!

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

Also, if I hit the "Teams" tab, it will show me the teams if I have it filtered at the league level, but if I try to view teams in a specific division, the divisions show up as empty. This is despite the fact that the team's page shows them assigned to the correct league and the correct division.
Well I have never assigned teams to specific divisions(since we use those as the major trophy seasons in a perpetual league), but I think the Divisions team listing will show up as empty if no teams have played a game in that Division, which it sounds like they haven't since you can't get them scheduled.

Check the Type dropdown box, and change it to All-Time and see if anyone shows up.
when I type the name of any team I wish to add to the tournament, I am getting a "does not exist" message.
Is this on the Schedule Matches page, where you have Tournament Type settings on the left for creating new tournaments, and the pinkish box on the right for adding a match to an existing FFA tournament?

Not sure why it is having problems finding your teams. What browser are you using? While it is in the SVN .9 version, I have problems with some of the automated forms with IE6 that we use at work.

If all else fails you can try and find some support at the google code page, http://code.google.com/p/obblm/.

mac3dm
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mac3dm »

Pagan wrote:Well I have never assigned teams to specific divisions(since we use those as the major trophy seasons in a perpetual league), but I think the Divisions team listing will show up as empty if no teams have played a game in that Division, which it sounds like they haven't since you can't get them scheduled.

Check the Type dropdown box, and change it to All-Time and see if anyone shows up..
I went back and verified that "All-time" was selected in the drop menu, but the two teams I have set up still only appear if I have it filtered at the league level. Both divisions appear empty under "All-Time" and "Active".
Pagan wrote:Is this on the Schedule Matches page, where you have Tournament Type settings on the left for creating new tournaments, and the pinkish box on the right for adding a match to an existing FFA tournament?
Yeah, that's the page I'm using. I have tried it in both FFA and Round Robin, with the same results on both.
Pagan wrote:Not sure why it is having problems finding your teams. What browser are you using? While it is in the SVN .9 version, I have problems with some of the automated forms with IE6 that we use at work.
I've tried it in FF, IE, and Chrome - most recent versions.
Pagan wrote:If all else fails you can try and find some support at the google code page, http://code.google.com/p/obblm/.
I've looked through there, but wasn't sure where to ask my question, since the issues page seems to be mostly more code-based than my problem seems to be. I appreciate your help. I'm sending you the info you asked for.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

FYI that does not exist message was resolved. It was his webhosting analytics being inserted into the autocomplete reply.