Legendary Edition

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Asariel
Experienced
Experienced

Legendary Edition

Post by Asariel »

Looks like the game is finally going to be 'finished' (Bar any Bug fixes) come the end of the year. Long ways away so I'm expecting the date to slip (as it did in beta and the release), especially as Undead and Norse were slated to be the next two races and undead were rumoured to be mostly done for months, so if they only have those two done they've a *lot* to get finished before December. Still something to look forward to anyway and Undead look brilliant IMO.

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/v ... =8&t=16347

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: Legendary Edition

Post by voyagers_uk »

Better not be an april fool

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Asariel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Asariel »

Didn't even notice until someone mentioned over there, they linked into a post from Vince (Focus rep) where they made sure to confirm it wasn't. Pretty stupid day to release something like this though.

No CDs. Apparently a GW decision for the 'squats of the Warhammer Universe' which is another slap in the face to BB fans given their popularity. I'm guessing it's an on high "no more CDs, in anything" decision filtering down.

Naturally no Slaan, Pact or Underworld either.

Hopefully the Modders will sort the CDs, not sure about animosity though as to whether or not they could do the other three. Would at least allow them to be used outside the cyanide servers.

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

I thought it was an april fool. :lol:

I'm glad it's not. I cant wait to beat the crap out of people with norse :smoking:

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Asariel wrote:No CDs. Apparently a GW decision for the 'squats of the Warhammer Universe' which is another slap in the face to BB fans given their popularity. I'm guessing it's an on high "no more CDs, in anything" decision filtering down.
GW side comment/rant here. Like anyone would care what GW says on that topic. 2 companies already have replacement CD FF teams out and RJ is working on one.

If they actually removed the CD team from the CRP ... I'm pretty sure that the NAF would just added them in the extra teams document they host and we'd all continue to play the team.

Seriously ... they are really going to hit the point where the players just take the game away from them. Sigh.

Rant over.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
lapiaz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lapiaz »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Asariel wrote:No CDs. Apparently a GW decision for the 'squats of the Warhammer Universe' which is another slap in the face to BB fans given their popularity. I'm guessing it's an on high "no more CDs, in anything" decision filtering down.
GW side comment/rant here. Like anyone would care what GW says on that topic. 2 companies already have replacement CD FF teams out and RJ is working on one.

If they actually removed the CD team from the CRP ... I'm pretty sure that the NAF would just added them in the extra teams document they host and we'd all continue to play the team.

Seriously ... they are really going to hit the point where the players just take the game away from them. Sigh.

Rant over.

Galak
I really hope so, I really hope so.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.