Blood Bowl - Legendary Edition 12 new playable races

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Cirrus the Blue
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Blood Bowl - Legendary Edition 12 new playable races

Post by Cirrus the Blue »

The strangest thing to me is that they included the REST of the teams! Why not just 1 more, huh? Still, I'm just relieved that they didn't sack Necromantic as I was afraid they'd go and claim "One Undead team is enough!" or something stpid like that.. Although, I would've even taken out Pro Elves if it came down to it instead of the Chaos Dwarfs. It would've been great to see the CDs digitized like the rest.

Seeing Count Luthor in sunglasses nearly makes up for the fact. ;)

- Cirrus

Reason: ''
Duce
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Duce »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
So ... I'm really confused why GW would tell Cyanide to not create the Chaos Dwarf team. The only thing I can think of is that they could not handle the graphics for a 4 foot player with their grid system.

Galak
Surely dwarves are the same size are they not? and goblins are smaller so CD's should be fine to do

Northern Ireland Blood Bowl Experience - NIBBLE
http://nibble.playsboard.com/forum.htm
GuppyShark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GuppyShark »

He means four-legged.

Commissioner, Drakebowl Cyanide Blood Bowl League
Three Wolf Moon Norse Team Blog
Follow @lordmakk on twitter to get news from the ulfwerener's mouth!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Grumbledook wrote:how do people know chaos dwarfs are the ones not in? doesn't say that on the news item on their site, just says undead amazons ogres and 9 other races
VinceFromFocus wrote:Hello everybody,

About the number of races, there will be 20 races in Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition. The chaos dwarves will not be included.

Despite that I hope the 12 new races will fit some of your expectations.

Vince
For those that don't use the Cyanide/Focus forum (I don't blame you), Vince is the official Focus Community Rep.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Confirmed as CRaP/LRB6:
Enarion wrote:
Komone wrote:I'm guessing from wording they are headed for LRB 6 or Championship compliance.

K
LRB 6 and the Blood Bowl Competition Rules, are basically the same. Although the Competition Rules are a bit stripped concerning the fluff stuff.

So yes, to clarify, Legendary will be moving to LRB 6.0. That means, chainsaw without the "no hands", Yippy! And Woodie Catchers with ma8. :( Darn it! + the various other changes done in LRB 6.0.
(Enarion is a Cyanide staff member)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Possible hope for CDs?
[quote="netronelson ("Nelson from GW)"]Just for the record.

Chaos Dwarfs are elligible in Blood Bowl, GW is not preventing them from being in the game. A decision was made early on regarding asset sharing, nothing sinister or personal to these guys. Maybe we'll see them down the road (maybe even brand new teams?) who knows...

Nelson.[/quote]
Enarion wrote:As some avid GW table top gamer would know, Games Workshop is turning their back on the Chaos Dwarves in the Warhammer World. So it went back and forth, whether or not they should be in Blood Bowl. But since Blood Bowl is also moving away from the Warhammer World, there is still hope for these pesky lil buggers to make an appearance on da blood-stained pitch, but nothing is planned yet.

So do as I do, keep your fingers crossed. :wink:

P.S Side-note, I really hate playing against those darn Chaos Dwarves.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

it is slightly depressing though as I want to play it now....

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And before anyone mentions that we've 9 races now, plus 12 = 21, the original post said 8 original races +12 - they're not counting the DEs.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

But will thy correct the lazy ass port andlet me actually play online? Sadly I suspect not. and yes I have tried Simpleportforwarding, and no it did not work.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Enarion wrote:But as Nelson pointed out and me earlier, Chaos Dwarves + the additional races, i.e. Chaos Pact, Underworld and Slann... who knows, they might end up as DLC or an expansion in the future, however, nothing is planned as of yet.
Enarion works for Cyanide ... so just knowing that they are considering an expansion in 2011 for the last 4 teams is good news.

I hope when they do this they get someone to consult them on how Animosity works ... I can so easily see that getting programmed wrong. But just knowing its on the table is good news.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
katadder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by katadder »

cool, as i really want my frogs :D

[quote="Panda"]I blame katadder for my inevitable downfall :wink:[/quote]
Tarkan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tarkan »

Darkson wrote:For those that don't use the Cyanide/Focus forum (I don't blame you), Vince is the official Focus Community Rep.
No kidding, they hopefully work once every 3'rd fortnight if the moon is in the correct phase And if you are wearing sheep skin boots. And then only for a few posts before they become unreachable once again.

That is if you can get an account to post at all, seeing as their captcha system seems to be designed not only to keet bots but humans out aswell. (Took me 4 days of trying to finally get in).

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

Maybe one of the other races is Ultramarines?

Thank you for those words of wisdom Master Wang.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

GalakStarscraper wrote: So ... I'm really confused why GW would tell Cyanide to not create the Chaos Dwarf team. The only thing I can think of is that they could not handle the graphics for a 4 foot player with their grid system.

Galak
I believe there was a fan-made mode for a BC on the BBDigital website. It was only basic, but iirc it worked.

[edit] Can't find the pic, but here's the WIP picture.
http://bloodbowldigital.com/forum/index ... &mode=view (can't get pic to link directly)

Welshy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Welshy »

Does anyone else hope for a CRP box set release to tie in?

... or am I being too optomistic? :oops: