Cyanide - Can't get my damn CD key.

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dragoonkin
Super Star
Super Star

Cyanide - Can't get my damn CD key.

Post by Dragoonkin »

So, my copy of BB was installed on my old hard drive, which died, and I don't have the serial written-down anywhere.

Is there any way to recover the serial from my old drive, whether from the registry or whatnot? I have the confirmation email Nexway sent me, but there's no damn serial in it and I have no idea how to find it, otherwise.

And since they're hawking the "Dark Elves! :D" edition now (with another to bloody soon come...Cyanide seems to be wholly like GW in this respect, selling you the same product eight times a year), I'm sure they won't be too likely to be interested in helping me get an old product up and going.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get myself out of this boat? It's really frustrating to not be able to play something I spent a good bit on.

Reason: ''
Anything I say is totally opinion and (knowing my luck) probably completely wrong. Keep this in mind.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Cyanide - Can't get my damn CD key.

Post by Darkson »

Contact Nexway (I don't know the contact email, but it's listed in the tech section of the Cyanide forum), and they should be able to sort you out.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dragoonkin
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dragoonkin »

Thanks Darkson. Appreciate.

Anything I say is totally opinion and (knowing my luck) probably completely wrong. Keep this in mind.
ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

I had the same issue after reloading the OS on my workstation, and reformatting.

Did you even attempt to contact Cyanide? I know when I did, I got information the next day, and had my CD key the day after.

Bad form if you didn't even check with them first. :)

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

Sorry, I know it's an old thread and all, BUT...

I contacted Cyanide, contacted Nexway not once, not twice, but three times!!!

No answer.

Nobody seems to be able to or wnats to help me.

Did you have any luck? Did they helped you out? The only thing I got is a mod from their website calling me a software pirate, cause it's «impossible» to lose a CD key...

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

A mod from which site? Not Cyanide I hope!

bloodbowl_en@nexway.com is the Nexway address - just making sure you go the right one. They are actually usually quite swift at responding from the feedback I've had. If you still have no luck then let me know on the English Cyanide forums and I'll PM Vince.

Edit: just looked and it was one of the French mods :roll:

SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

Yep, a mod from the French site...

I'll send them a note.

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!