On the question of lack of Stars in BB:LE

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

On the question of lack of Stars in BB:LE

Post by Darkson »

Count Luthor von Darkenborg – Necromantic, Undead or Vampire
Deeproot Strongbranch – Halfling
Eldril Sidewinder – Dark Elf, Elf, High Elf, Wood Elf
Grashnak Blackhood – Chaos or Nurgle
Griff Oberwald – Human
Grim Ironjaw – Dwarf
Headsplitter – Skaven
Horkon Heartripper – Dark Elf
Icepelt Hammerblow – Norse
Jordell Freshbreeze – Elf or Wood Elf
Lord Borak the Despoiler – Chaos or Nurgle
Morg 'n' Thorg – Any team except Khemri, Necromantic, and Undead.
Nekbrekrek – Khemri, Necromantic or Undead. (Setekh - GW asked [told!] them to change the name)
Ramtut III – Khemri, Necromantic or Undead
Ripper – Goblin or Orc
Scrappa Sorehead – Goblin, Ogre or Orc
Slibli – Lizardman
Varag Ghoul-Chewer - Orc
Zara the Slayer – Amazon, Dwarf, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Norse or Wood Elf
Siam (from Cyanide) wrote:
Coach wrote:Any reason all the other stars can't be added but just use a standard player type for their position as the model?

Just need their stats and skills put on and then they can be used. It would be much better imo to have them like that, then to have them missing just because they don't have a custom player model.

All the rules are in place for that to work no?
GW will not allow that, even if we're so okay with that :(

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: On the question of lack of Stars in BB:LE

Post by nazgob »

That sounds like a whole load of crap. Why would they a) care and b) say no

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

They dithered on okaying CDs, which is the main reason* they're not included in BB:LE, so I can believe it.
And from the times I spoke to Nelson, who was the licensing guy in charge of BB1 (is for BB:LE?), he had to authorise every "model" in the game. From the conversations I had with him, I'm led to believe that Cyanide weren't allowed to directly copy any "real" BB models, hence why many look very different.

*Main reason, there are others.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

But surely a carbon copy wood elf team would (apart from being butt ugly) act as advertising?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

cannot believe they couldn't shoe horn Zug in

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, but then when has GW actually made sense?
They didn't exactly push BB1, did they?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

true, but a critically acclaimed game which showcases one of the "redheaded step-systems" should have the ability in it's LEGENDARY EDITION to have a few more of the fluff famous stars.

Zug being just the most famous of the bunch. it's not as if I am asking for Deigi Maratoni

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Actually, it was a reply to nazgob, you just hit reply quicker than me.

That said, my reply pretty much works for your post as well. ;)

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Nelson needs to be hit by a car - regardless of his reasons for doing the things he does, he never mans up and takes responsibility for doing it, always giving orders from the shadows and letting other people take the blame. Not that I believe Cyanide is totally devoid of responsibility, obviously, but they have enough mistakes to honestly take the blame for - no need to be GW's scapegoat as well.

Star players will, like the races that were omitted, fall onto the shoulders of the modders. The chances of more content making its way into the game after release is pretty slim... and if any does, I doubt there will be any shocking bonus of "all the missing stars" or "slaan revealed!" and so on.

Coach
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach »

Like I suggested Cyanide could do over on their forum, there is nothing stopping us as players manually doing that and playing games using direct connection.

This should be possible using stuntyleeg.com I've been talking to funnyfingers about it.

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

I suspect it is possible to simplify the process of "direct connection" matches as well. The only issue I see with multiplayer that is done off their servers is that it is hard to guarantee that the person you're about to play against is going to use the team you expect to play against! Not much stops them from editing their teams. The upside is that nothing gets in the way of adding the star players, and it lets people move their favourite teams into online leagues and so on... it'll even allow for the inclusion of the races Cyanide didn't bother to implement once the modding community builds the models and such.

Then again, I tend to support anything that edges Cyanide, Focus, and GW out of the picture, so I may be biased ;)