Best for LAN

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Best for LAN

Post by Munkey »

I was hoping to set up an online BB league at work where we have a LAN for lunchtime play.

Could anyone tell me which program would be best for the job as there seems to be several well respected programs around.

I was also hoping to test out the Kicking, Incremental GFIs and EXP aging rules with this league so a tool that supports these would be a bonus.

Reason: ''
[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Well skijunkies javabowl works over a network buts its being designed for the lrb at the moment so addition stuff won't get added untill its fully up to lrb spec (there isn't a lot missing to be fair nothing you miss much tho i can't wait for pass block and diving catch)

So as long as you can live with out trying the new rules i would use that, thought i think pbem has kicking rules in and i guess exp as the mbbl is testing it

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

pbem has kicking and exp in version 2.3 beta e.

The final version of 2.3 should be done in about a week or so and should also include PGFI, I hope.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Best for LAN

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Munkey wrote: I was also hoping to test out the Kicking, Incremental GFIs and EXP aging rules with this league so a tool that supports these would be a bonus.
Version 2.3 Beta F of the PBeM tool is now posted on http://pbembb.com

To install it, you need the link to 2.3 Beta F and the file from the link for the LRB images. ... make sure you click the Use Folders option when you unzip these two files.

The 2.3 Beta F version supports Kicking, Incremental GFIs, and EXP aging. All you need to do is set up your league rules in the pbleague.ini and you'll be all set.

Galak

Munkey

Post by Munkey »

Thanks, I'm downloading it now.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]