OBBLM 0.9 free host testers needed

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Any offers, guys? All the advice I've found tells me to make changes to settings.php and similarly named files, but I can't even see them, let alone change them.

Please, assist if you can!

Cheers

Steve

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Aronne320
Rookie
Rookie

Re: OBBLM 0.9 free host testers needed

Post by Aronne320 »

Shteve0 wrote:I emailed Funnyfingers directly and he really kindly set me up. Had some initial problems with unexpected errors - I followed the intro email to the letter and got Baffled By Science when it told me to visit my own site (after confirming my settings.php and settings_1... erm... settings) only for the site to come up as an error. Luckily though, funnyfingers saved me from myself a second time and the site's up an running.

New day, new issue: https://www.obblm.com:7777/ is down, and I can't work out how to do anything about it. Any offers? I have a whole load to do in terms of customising settings - I'd like to set up a single division + playoffs league, with NTBB rules, a [single] additional custom roster and a special league scoring system (W:3 D:1 L:0 +3CAS:1 +3TD:1). I'd also like to know how to change the banners, add some text to the front page and would consider adding a phpBB or similar forum.

How much of this stuff works out of the box? I'm all at sea here, I'm afraid. If anyone can help me out here, I'd be chuffed to bits.

Cheers

S

I have the same problem to https://www.obblm.com:7777/

To change the banner you have to replace the file in the file manager with one of same format and size, but remember to insert credit to obblm in the image :)

To insert division + playoffs you have to create the rounds of division then insert playoff games manually with admin panel --> schedule match

for custom roster no idea

for point system you have to modify in the file manager the able with league settings in php_1

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Awesome, thanks man. 7777 now back up, so you'd hope I could make some progress, but I've never been so bad at anything in my life - I really am struggling to get anywhere with this. I feel like such a pleb. I'm still in my twenties, how has technology progressed to such an extent that I feel entirely useless already?

So, I may just pack this in and look for a techy to help out (if there are any volunteers, I'd be eternally grateful!). I guess, myself, I could really do with a beginner's guide, since I can't seem to navigate to the correct files (I've opened up most of the loaded files and can't find anything that looks like a starting point for adjusting rosters).

End note: what the obblm guys are doing is remarkable, they're wonderful people. Unfortunately, I need something that can be operated by a five year old (or better yet, a fifty five year old) in order for it to be truly useful. Perhaps if I can work it out I'll write a short guide, since most of the stuff there seems to assume a little knowledge of how these things work, and I for one am lacking in that.

EDIT: Just tried the simplest task - editing the header within the localsettings/settings_1.php file - and crashed my whole site. I can't for the life of me work out how to get it back up. I'm truly, truly special... Somebody, please save me from myself. Whoever said this was easy to use is on something.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

Shteve0 wrote:Awesome, thanks man. 7777 now back up, so you'd hope I could make some progress, but I've never been so bad at anything in my life - I really am struggling to get anywhere with this. I feel like such a pleb. I'm still in my twenties, how has technology progressed to such an extent that I feel entirely useless already?

So, I may just pack this in and look for a techy to help out (if there are any volunteers, I'd be eternally grateful!). I guess, myself, I could really do with a beginner's guide, since I can't seem to navigate to the correct files (I've opened up most of the loaded files and can't find anything that looks like a starting point for adjusting rosters).

End note: what the obblm guys are doing is remarkable, they're wonderful people. Unfortunately, I need something that can be operated by a five year old (or better yet, a fifty five year old) in order for it to be truly useful. Perhaps if I can work it out I'll write a short guide, since most of the stuff there seems to assume a little knowledge of how these things work, and I for one am lacking in that.

EDIT: Just tried the simplest task - editing the header within the localsettings/settings_1.php file - and crashed my whole site. I can't for the life of me work out how to get it back up. I'm truly, truly special... Somebody, please save me from myself. Whoever said this was easy to use is on something.

Have you looked at http://nicholasmr.dk/obblmwiki/index.php/Main_Page yet? There is lots of help there, especially for configuring settings files. Also, if you have problems then please write what you did and what went wrong (errors you got etc.) in order for us to help... we have no clue otherwise.
OBBLM has been written to be simple in it's code an flexible to configure, this means editing directly in source code for system changes (settings etc.). Even the MediaWiki uses this approach.
But, once it's set up it should be straight forward to use - and again if there should be difficulties, there is a usage guide on http://nicholasmr.dk/obblmwiki/index.php/Main_Page

Hope that helped a bit :-).

Nicholas.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Thanks - I'm not quite sure how, but it seems you did help. - After seeing your post, I had a brainwave, and went back into the localsettings/settings_1.php file and changed the apostrophes (') around text I expected to see printed with quotation marks ("). Seems obvious, in retrospect, but somehow not at the time... still, my site is back up and running, and that's the main thing!

Two more major issues remain:

1) Our league format is (currently) NTBB rules, as implemented at http://www.ntbb.dk/ and http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/ (both OBBLM software). I'd like to see where I can edit the team composition and player skills so I can make the changes and add an extra experimental roster we're testing out - is that possible? Likely also to add Khorne next year, and there's always a chance we revert to CRP+experimental, so being able to see and edit this structure is really what I'm looking for.

2) Our league has three points for a win, one for a draw and zero for a loss. I think I've found where this setting is, but how do I specify bonus points for a difference of +3+ cas or TD in a game? For example, if I lose 1-4 on TDs with CAS in my favour, I would score 1 point and my opponent would score 4.

Can anyone advise please? Some players are five games in to the season, and it would be awesome if I could have a working model out there for the remaining 2/3 of the games.

Cheers all

S

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

Shteve0 wrote:Thanks - I'm not quite sure how, but it seems you did help. - After seeing your post, I had a brainwave, and went back into the localsettings/settings_1.php file and changed the apostrophes (') around text I expected to see printed with quotation marks ("). Seems obvious, in retrospect, but somehow not at the time... still, my site is back up and running, and that's the main thing!

Two more major issues remain:

1) Our league format is (currently) NTBB rules, as implemented at http://www.ntbb.dk/ and http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/ (both OBBLM software). I'd like to see where I can edit the team composition and player skills so I can make the changes and add an extra experimental roster we're testing out - is that possible? Likely also to add Khorne next year, and there's always a chance we revert to CRP+experimental, so being able to see and edit this structure is really what I'm looking for.

2) Our league has three points for a win, one for a draw and zero for a loss. I think I've found where this setting is, but how do I specify bonus points for a difference of +3+ cas or TD in a game? For example, if I lose 1-4 on TDs with CAS in my favour, I would score 1 point and my opponent would score 4.

Can anyone advise please? Some players are five games in to the season, and it would be awesome if I could have a working model out there for the remaining 2/3 of the games.

Cheers all

S
1) Just contact those leagues to ask them for their advice on how to make your league like theirs. However, you should note that serious data inconsistencies arise in obblm if you suddenly decide to remove extra teams/players etc. that you might add ! These extra entries are added by modifying the lib/game_data_lrb6.php file and then running the first "DB maitenance" routines from the obblm core panel, available in the admin menu.

2) It is not currently possible to define points like that.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Fab, thanks Nicholas. I contacted the guys at those sites a couple of weeks ago, so I guess I'll just wait and see. Since the current points system will be disrupted if we moved straight to the current site, I'll hold off until next season - perhaps take a vote about what rules and tracking to use based on what OBBLM can support.

So, I'll be holding off on making changes to the core rules for a while yet - and I was perhaps blinded to the functionality of OBBLM by my own ridiculous requirements. If you're using it out of the box, I can see that it's a great tool.

One thing I'd like to look at in the meantime though is making sure I'm doinf the right thing with coding for new rosters. For example I'd like to add the following code - do I do this in game_data_LRB6x.php, or is there a specific hierarchy I need to follow? If anyone fancies checking over my code, I'd be very grateful for that too :)

Cheers!

Steve

Code: Select all

define('T_RACE_KHORNE_DAEMONS', 25);
define('T_RACE_APES_OF_WRATH', 26);

$DEA['Khorne Daemons'] = array (
    'other'	=> array (
        'rr_cost' => 70000,
        'icon' => 'chaos.png',
        'race_id' => T_RACE_KHORNE_DAEMONS, # (Khorne Daemons)
    ),
    'players'	=> array (
  			'Pit Fighter'		=> array (
    				'ma'        	=> 6,
    				'st'        	=> 3,
    				'ag'        	=> 3,
    				'av'        	=> 8,
    				'def'	    => array (5),
    				'norm'		=> array ('G', 'P'),
    				'doub'		=> array ('A', 'S'),
    				'qty'			  => 16,
    				'cost'			  => 60000,
    				'icon'			  => 'nlineman1an',
    			    'pos_id'          => 238,
  			),
  			'Bloodletter Daemon'	=> array (
    				'ma'        	=> 6,
    				'st'        	=> 3,
    				'ag'        	=> 3,
    				'av'        	=> 7,
    				'def'	    => array (75, 53, 103),
    				'norm'		=> array ('G', 'A', 'S'),
    				'doub'		=> array ('P'),
    				'qty'			  => 4,
    				'cost'			  => 80000,
    				'icon'			  => 'cbeastman1an',
    			    'pos_id'          => 239,
  			),
  			'Khorne Herald'		=> array (
    				'ma'        	=> 6,
    				'st'        	=> 3,
    				'ag'        	=> 3,
    				'av'        	=> 8,
    				'def'	    => array (113),
    				'norm'		=> array ('G', 'S'),
    				'doub'		=> array ('A', 'P'),
    				'qty'			  => 2,
    				'cost'			  => 70000,
    				'icon'			  => 'cwarrior1an',
    			    'pos_id'          => 240,
  			),

'Bloodthirster'		=> array (
    				'ma'        	=> 6,
    				'st'        	=> 5,
    				'ag'        	=> 1,
    				'av'        	=> 9,
    				'def'	    => array (99, 112, 71, 5, 75, 53, 103),
    				'norm'		=> array ('S'),
    				'doub'		=> array ('G', 'A', 'P'),
    				'qty'			  => 1,
    				'cost'			  => 180000,
    				'icon'			  => 'minotaur2an',
    			    'pos_id'          => 241,
  			)
    )
);

$DEA ['Apes of Wrath']	=> array (
		'other'	=> array (
			'rr_cost' => 60000,
			'icon' => 'amazon.png',
			'race_id' => T_RACE_APES_OF_WRATH, # (Apes of Wrath)
		),
		'players'	=> array (
			'Line Ape'	=> array (
				'ma'        	=> 6,
 				'st'        	=> 3,
 				'ag'        	=> 3,
 				'av'        	=> 7,
 				'def'	    => array (73),
 				'norm'		=> array ('G'),
 				'doub'		=> array ('A', 'S', 'P'),
 				'qty'			=> 16,
				'cost'			=> 50000,
				'icon'			=> 'olineman1an',
			    'pos_id'        => 242,
			),
			'Thrower'	=> array (
				'ma'        	=> 5,
 				'st'        	=> 3,
 				'ag'        	=> 3,
 				'av'        	=> 8,
 				'def'	    => array (73, 70, 58),
 				'norm'		=> array ('G', 'P'),
 				'doub'		=> array ('A', 'S'),
 				'qty'			=> 2,
				'cost'			=> 70000,
				'icon'			=> 'othrower1an',
			    'pos_id'        => 243,
			),
			'Gorilla'	=> array (
				'ma'        	=> 5,
 				'st'        	=> 4,
 				'ag'        	=> 2,
 				'av'        	=> 8,
 				'def'	    => array (73, 51, 112),
 				'norm'		=> array ('G', 'S'),
 				'doub'		=> array ('A', 'P'),
 				'qty'			=> 4,
				'cost'			=> 80000,
				'icon'			=> 'oblackorc1an',
			    'pos_id'        => 244,
			),
			'Runner'	=> array (
				'ma'        	=> 7,
 				'st'        	=> 3,
 				'ag'        	=> 3,
 				'av'        	=> 7,
 				'def'	    => array (73, 14),
 				'norm'		=> array ('G', 'A'),
 				'doub'		=> array ('S', 'P'),
 				'qty'			=> 2,
				'cost'			=> 80000,
				'icon'			=> 'oblitzer1an',
			    'pos_id'        => 245,
			),
			'Silverback'	=> array (
				'ma'        	=> 5,
 				'st'        	=> 5,
 				'ag'        	=> 1,
 				'av'        	=> 9,
 				'def'	    => array (99, 73, 51, 112, 54),
 				'norm'		=> array ('S'),
 				'doub'		=> array ('G','A', 'P'),
 				'qty'			=> 1,
				'cost'			=> 130000,
				'icon'			=> 'ogre4an',
			    'pos_id'        => 246,
			)
		)
);

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Playtest feedback! All in all, excellent (once it's up and running). Here's our site:
http://nzcbbl.obblm.com

Some points of note though;

- We used the standard points awards (w=3, d=2, l=1) for our league, but I can't find anywhere the full league table; Stats > Team Standings does not have a pts column and sorts by win%

- the "Recent Dead" box on our front page doesn't work. No idea why - it's set up precisely like the other boxes.

- in an open league, coaches who schedule their own games are given "final" as the auto-option. Once set it doesn't seem to be changeable.

Also, if I exceed my traffic allowance (13 coaches, 100MB allowed), should I worry?

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

Shteve0 wrote:Playtest feedback! All in all, excellent (once it's up and running). Here's our site:
http://nzcbbl.obblm.com

Some points of note though;

- We used the standard points awards (w=3, d=2, l=1) for our league, but I can't find anywhere the full league table; Stats > Team Standings does not have a pts column and sorts by win%

- the "Recent Dead" box on our front page doesn't work. No idea why - it's set up precisely like the other boxes.

- in an open league, coaches who schedule their own games are given "final" as the auto-option. Once set it doesn't seem to be changeable.

Also, if I exceed my traffic allowance (13 coaches, 100MB allowed), should I worry?
The two last points are bugs in the 0.91 version, they are fixed in the coming 0.95 version.

Regarding the sorting and points definitions, they can be adjusted/changed in the settings files (both global and local).

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can find the setting to resort the table. The oddity is though, there's no points column on the table section of the website, so for leagues that sort on win% it's fine (even though it conflicts with the front page), for leagues that sort on points it doesn't really work. See for yourself: http://nzcbbl.obblm.com/index.php?secti ... pe=2&obj=2. Note too that there are two columns that output the same data; namely "GF" and "TD".

Will look out for the 0.95 fix for the recent dead and Final fixed. Does upgrading the software overwrite custom .css files? Would be good to know beforehand, I've done a lot of work on redesigning our page and would hate to accidentally overwrite that. Better yet, if you can give me the code for those fixes I'll manually make the changes?

Cheers Nicholas, thanks for all your work on this.

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

Shteve0 wrote:Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can find the setting to resort the table. The oddity is though, there's no points column on the table section of the website, so for leagues that sort on win% it's fine (even though it conflicts with the front page), for leagues that sort on points it doesn't really work. See for yourself: http://nzcbbl.obblm.com/index.php?secti ... pe=2&obj=2. Note too that there are two columns that output the same data; namely "GF" and "TD".

Will look out for the 0.95 fix for the recent dead and Final fixed. Does upgrading the software overwrite custom .css files? Would be good to know beforehand, I've done a lot of work on redesigning our page and would hate to accidentally overwrite that. Better yet, if you can give me the code for those fixes I'll manually make the changes?

Cheers Nicholas, thanks for all your work on this.
The behavior is not what you think it is. See here: http://nicholasmr.dk/obblmwiki/index.ph ... ings_boxes (under the standings boxes part).

No, the GF can be different from TDs if e.g. the opponent scored against themselves (house rules etc.). At least, it was implemented for better supporting house rules.

If you are unsure then backup all your files. You should always backup your files and database before upgrading. Always.
I can't simply give you the "code", since a lot of changes have been made since v. 0.91 and I don't have the proper overview.
However, you should overwrite ALL your files, and THEN insert your .css files afterwards.

Minnels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Minnels »

Not sure if this is off topic or not but we have our own obblm site. We have a FFA league running and we have also had 2 game-days now created as two separate leagues. Today I noticed that you can create a new divison and put leagues in to sort it a bit better and also to sort stats etc and see how well teams have done for example in all game-days. Problem however is that my game-days are created in the FFA division... can I move them over to a new division in any way? I can't find an option for it as it stands right now.

Second question. Our obblm site is up and running 0.9 and 0.95 was released not long ago (WOHO!!) I would love to know how to upgrade it. Can I connect to the site with ftp or something? I am not sure how I upgrade it all. Do you replace all files and then just run upgrade.php? Only used the web interface so far and it would take quite a bit of time to upload all files one at a time. Also noticed that you should backup the database so that you can restore it if something goes wrong. How do I do this in the kloxo web interface? Both backup and restore because I will probably mess something up :/

A step by step guide or something would be awesome ;)

And since we have been using OBBLM for like... 3 or 4 years now I shall see if I can gather some money from the people I play with and make a larger donation to Nicholas for his wonderful work :)

Minnels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Minnels »

Managed to fix everything ony my own so I write a small guide for the future :)

1: Download the new obblm to your computer.
2: Connect to obblm.com with ftp client using the ftp adress as yourdomain.obblm.com. Username is yourdomain and password is in the mail, same as to log in to kloxo webservice. Yourdomain is the name of your chosen domain of course.
3: Backup all your site files to your computer with the ftp client. While doing this you can also backup your mysql database in the web interface. To do this go to Mysql databases in the resources tab, click on your database you want to backup, now click on the backup tab (I had not seen this before!). If something goes wrong this is where you can restore the database too.
4: Change the stuff in settings.php in the new obblm files to what ever it is in your backup files.
5: Upload the new obblm files and overwrite all.
6: Delete install.php
7: Run upgrade.php through your webbrowser.
8: DONE! :)

Don't think I missed anything.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Which ftp client do you use, please? Is it free?

Minnels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Minnels »

Shteve0 wrote:Which ftp client do you use, please? Is it free?
Yeah... I used filezilla and it is free and you can find it here: https://filezilla-project.org/

Still don't know how to switch division for a tournament. I really hope that is it possible.