OBBLM 0.9 free host testers needed

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Keith-Lemon
Rookie
Rookie

Re: OBBLM 0.9 free host testers needed

Post by Keith-Lemon »

SWBBL i think can not remember i think i emailed you to just delete the account as i could not even get the thing started even tho i followed the email you sent.

Plus i didnt really know what things i was ment to change like the email tells you to do just all to hard for me.

Reason: ''
Record: Table top - 3/1/1 FUMBBL - 90/33/61 Cyanide - Not played heap of crap.
mattski
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mattski »

Applied under my username here. Cheers mate.

Carpe Diem
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

mattski wrote:Applied under my username here. Cheers mate.
Please post your experience.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Please let me know if you sign up as unless it looks like a league name, I will reject it.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
greymurphy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by greymurphy42 »

funnyfingers wrote:We are now looking for some .91 testers to join. This isn't just for testing, once you have it up and running, you keep the league. Just post here that you applied as I don't want to accept unknown users.
Hi,

I've applied for our local TT league, as BloodBowl Bloodweiser League on the 21st November

Regards

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Apply again. It must be a max of 8 characters and no spaces or special characters,

Aronne320
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Aronne320 »

I've applied a month ago as LEBB

Still waiting for activation :(

Is the host still available?

Plz give me an answer if someone still read this thread, thx

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Never got anything after the automated email response either (applied early July).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Aronne320
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Aronne320 »

Darkson wrote:Never got anything after the automated email response either (applied early July).
that sucks :(

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

Guys, try contacting funnyfingers directly (PM or mail).

Aronne320
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Aronne320 »

tried by email a pair of times

And now also on this forum with pm

Seems he is not following the project anymore :(

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

If it helps, it's not terribly expensive to set up your own website using the OBBLM software. You would need a bit of tech knowledge on websites to feel comfortable on setting it up though.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

howlinggriffon wrote:You would need a bit of tech knowledge on websites to feel comfortable on setting it up though.
Unfortunately FAIL as far as I, or anyone in ARBBL, goes, we're all tech-luddites as far as that stuff goes. :oops:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Aronne320
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Aronne320 »

ACTIVATED :DDDD

thx to funnyfingers and to nicholas

That's a great tool!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I emailed Funnyfingers directly and he really kindly set me up. Had some initial problems with unexpected errors - I followed the intro email to the letter and got Baffled By Science when it told me to visit my own site (after confirming my settings.php and settings_1... erm... settings) only for the site to come up as an error. Luckily though, funnyfingers saved me from myself a second time and the site's up an running.

New day, new issue: https://www.obblm.com:7777/ is down, and I can't work out how to do anything about it. Any offers? I have a whole load to do in terms of customising settings - I'd like to set up a single division + playoffs league, with NTBB rules, a [single] additional custom roster and a special league scoring system (W:3 D:1 L:0 +3CAS:1 +3TD:1). I'd also like to know how to change the banners, add some text to the front page and would consider adding a phpBB or similar forum.

How much of this stuff works out of the box? I'm all at sea here, I'm afraid. If anyone can help me out here, I'd be chuffed to bits.

Cheers

S

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co