Piling On question

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Piling On question

Post by Asmodan »

I was wondering how you used Piling On in the tool.
Do you have to declare it before you use it and then make the player prone whatever happens or does the tool automatically use it if needed and you only put your player prone if the tool used it?

And before you say "use the search engine" i already did that and did not find any answer.

Asmodan

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

You should get a respsonse in here at soem point, if not try posting in the PbEM resources section, having not used the pbem i can't offer you the answer sorry.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Piling On question

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Asmodan wrote:I was wondering how you used Piling On in the tool.
Do you have to declare it before you use it and then make the player prone whatever happens or does the tool automatically use it if needed and you only put your player prone if the tool used it?

And before you say "use the search engine" i already did that and did not find any answer.

Asmodan
The search engine wouldn't have found it as its an original question .. thanks for looking though.

I moved this post to the PBeM section since it related to the tool.

Okay with Piling On the program does it all automatically. But it depends on what option you have picked.

If 3rd edition PO is selected than checking the Piling On option during the AV roll means that you have declared you are using it. It will automatically be applied to the AV roll whether it was needed or not. You then manually place your player prone in the game.

If 4th edition PO is selected than the game, automatically uses PO if it was needed. If the game says that PO was used, you should place your player prone manually.

Galak

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Galak -

If I was following the LRB then what you are saying is that Piling On is ONLY used if I don't break armor naturally?

Hmmmm... guess I better change that ruling in the REBBL and challenge league.

I thought you had to announce that you were using it, then make the armour/Inj roll and then set your player prone regardless... Looks like I made the ruling based on 3rd edition.

So in the LRB Piling On will only cause your player to go prone IF it was needed to break Armour, even if you "used it" by entering it into the armour roll, right?

Which means that you don't have to announce that you are using it?

Tim

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Tim,

I know my name's not Galak, but I'll give you an answer, so you have one until he answers. ;)

Under the LRB rules a skill is optional to use, when the coach decides he or she wants to use them, and the coach can decide to appy skills after the dice roll. So you don't need to use your pass skill to re-roll the dice, until after you have already seen the result of the first roll.

What winds up happening is that Piling On is then able to be used after the coach already sees the roll of the dice - and then any coach who can count will only use the skill if it would allow him to make the armor penetration when he wouldn't be able to otherwise. The same sort of affect winds up happening with Diving Tackle - the only time your player falls prone, will be when he successfully stops the player from dodging. Also, Mighty Blow you can decide to apply to the armor or injury roll, after you see the results of the dice.

So the short answer, would be, in the current LRB, you don't need to announce that you are using Piling On before the armor roll, and can decide to only use it, if it was the difference between breaking and not breaking armor.

I had thought that you had intentionally made the rules change for the REBBL, so I hadn't said anything before hand. ;)

David