BBroller html dices

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

BBroller html dices

Post by Elyoukey »

Hello,
i just made a html dice roller:
http://elyoukey.com/bbroller/

with all roll needed: block, d6 d8 d3, weather, kick off, armor injurie, pick a player.

just click on the dice to roll it. they are also draggable so you can set it up at will. (thanks jquery)

it works on portable devices but to be able to use it offline you need a good browser that handle the cache completelly (i use opera on android)

feel free to comment and let me know if you see any enhancement i can do

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: BBroller html dices

Post by dode74 »

Very nice. I'm running IE6 (I know) at work and the Wx die comes up blank every time.

Also, the armour roll feels like the odds of all the results are equal. It might feel more trustworthy if it looked like 2d6.

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

dode74 wrote: I'm running IE6 (I know)
then you know that i will not fix it. I don't do support for antic-browsers. whenever it is possible that it is a IE bug, i did not try with IE yet (only FF)
ok it seems to be a IE bug, i will investigate this
dode74 wrote: Also, the armour roll feels like the odds of all the results are equal. It might feel more trustworthy if it looked like 2d6.
Did not think about this 'feeling'. but looking at the source with a little javascript/jquery knowledge can show "easilly" that it is not the case.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

APPLAUSE!

Very nice. Extra geeky I think. Love it. The only thing extra my brain wanted from it was a background color or pattern.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

More than happy with you not fixing for IE6 - just checking it wasn't a more general issue ;)
I use chrome at home (and it works perfectly).

I'm sure the odds on the AV rolls will be right, I'm thinking more for those who just want to use it and not understand how it works - "hey, the rulebook says it should be 2d6 and this looks like d12...". Just saying it might be off-putting to some.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Can I get it on an android phone?

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Heff wrote:Can I get it on an android phone?
as stated, it will run on most browsers (android included).

but if you want it to run offline, your browser must handle the full cache, i know for testing that Opera is ok to run full javascript pages offline.