Cyanide BB:LE manual?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

andyinjapan
Rookie
Rookie

Cyanide BB:LE manual?

Post by andyinjapan »

I recently picked up Cyanide's BB:LE through Steam, and I can't figure out where the manual is, if it even exists. (I realize that the Blood Bowl rules are based on the CRP/LRB 6; I'm looking for a manual for the computer game controls.)

Specifically, I'm looking for keyboard shortcuts, how to select players, destination squares, etc. This game really bites in this UI department.

I have the Xbox 360 version and although it took some getting used to, at least the controls are fairly straight-forward...

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Cyanide BB:LE manual?

Post by spubbbba »

Keyboard shortcuts are

Select a player - left click
Action - right click
select ball carrier - Q
Select the next player - page down
select the previous player - page up
declare a blitz - B
Activate the leap skill - L
Force a pass of the ball - Left Alt
Display the player's info - N
Display the tackle zones - G
Pause menu - F10
Increase the time multiplier + (NumPad)
Decrease the time multiplier - (NumPad)
Skip forward the AI's turn * (NumPad)

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
andyinjapan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by andyinjapan »

Thanks!

I'm curious where you found all that info... :?:

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

It's on the back page of the manual that comes with the game.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Yeah, there are some extra shortcuts for the real time mode, but that is awful so I didn’t bother copying them. Aside from the blitz command, grid lines and player info I hardly use any of those shortcuts as it’s mostly just clicking on the players.

One annoying fact about the game is that they will show you how far your players can move but it doesn’t take into account opposing player zones, so you have to be really careful when choosing a route as otherwise it may send you by the shortest route or over the ball.

It seems a bit daft that steam doesn’t have a way of downloading the manual as well, some games really need that info.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
andyinjapan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by andyinjapan »

besters wrote:It's on the back page of the manual that comes with the game.
Unfortunately the Steam download doesn't appear to have a manual with it. :wink:

andyinjapan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by andyinjapan »

spubbbba wrote:It seems a bit daft that steam doesn’t have a way of downloading the manual as well, some games really need that info.
I find it odd that the manual isn't there, too. Clicking "Manual" in Steam loads up the CRP pdf from GW ... not exactly helpful when you're trying to figure out the UI controls.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You used to be able to download the manual from the Cyanide website, but I've no idea if it's still there or not.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
andyinjapan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by andyinjapan »

Ok, I'm putting it out there: If anyone has a PDF of the Cyanide BB:LE computer game manual, could you send it to me?

It's disappointing that the developer (Cyanide) and distributor (Steam) can't provide the manual in a convenient manner for download -- why do I have jump through hoops and look elsewhere? :pissed:

Nestyr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nestyr »

Hi all,

I don't know anything about the Steam version, as I purchased the game through Cyanide's online system, and the game manual is included in my files.

On my system it's located in C:\Program Files\Cyanide\Blood Bowl Legendary Edition\Manual, which includes folders for five seperate language manuals.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nestyr

"Icepelt cannot be my hero, but I wish Games Workshop could".
neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neverworking »

andyinjapan wrote:Ok, I'm putting it out there: If anyone has a PDF of the Cyanide BB:LE computer game manual, could you send it to me?

It's disappointing that the developer (Cyanide) and distributor (Steam) can't provide the manual in a convenient manner for download -- why do I have jump through hoops and look elsewhere? :pissed:
sent

andyinjapan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by andyinjapan »

Nestyr wrote:Hi all,

I don't know anything about the Steam version, as I purchased the game through Cyanide's online system, and the game manual is included in my files.

On my system it's located in C:\Program Files\Cyanide\Blood Bowl Legendary Edition\Manual, which includes folders for five seperate language manuals.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nestyr
Yeah, I had a look through just about every directory that was remotely related to the game and found nothing, unfortunately. Thanks for the tip, though.

andyinjapan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by andyinjapan »

neverworking wrote:
andyinjapan wrote:Ok, I'm putting it out there: If anyone has a PDF of the Cyanide BB:LE computer game manual, could you send it to me?

sent
Got it, and thanks!