Access violation

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Access violation

Post by Nighthawk »

Hi,

I'm giving the PBeM tool (v2.3) a try by playing a testmatch. (BTW, thanks to the people who program these tools so BB can be played all over the world !!)

When I try to load the saved game again I get a -

"Access violation at address 004AD700 in module PBEMBB.EXE. Read of address FFFFFFFF"

- messagebox.

I booted my computer but... same result

So... HELP !

Reason: ''
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Tried a re-install?

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

I did now... IT WORKS again

Thx

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Sorry about that ... the first official version of 2.3 had a bug that crawled into the code right at the last second ... d*mn bugs.

It was identified within the first 3 days of release and I patched the version to the one on the site now.

So if anyone else gets this error just redownload 2.3 official and you'll be all set.

2.3 will be the last version for a while. Ronald and I are working on the international language edition and adding some icon graphics to the game for the next version release. Will take a while though.

Galak

Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

Galak,

I'm still suffering from the same problem, but only with *.bbm files sent to me by other players (that is, not created by myself).

If I try to load them I get the access violation message, if I try it a second time within the same BBeM session I get a "I/O error 32".

I re-installed the latest upload and my opponent doesn't seem to have this problem with other players. He can sent them files and play normally.

Any ideas?

NH

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Verify with your opponent that both of you are using the PBeM 2.3 Official version with a creation date of the exe file of 12/8/2002 8:37 AM.

If not then you both need to be using the same version to play. If you both are using the exact same version of the tool .. email me the file to review.

Galak