Java client & bouncing balls/throw-ins/scatters

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

Java client & bouncing balls/throw-ins/scatters

Post by Nightbird »

Is it just me or does the ball scatter, get thrown-in, or bounce WAY TOO FAR sometimes with the Ski Junkies Java Client.

I just tested it and when I blocked a knocked someone down the ball went from the square the player was knocked down to on one sideline straight across 9 squares???

Is this possible??? According to the LRB when a player is knocked over the ball should scatter from the square he is knocked over in one square and bounce if the square is empty and if it is occupied the player occupying the square may try to catch the ball. If the player fails to catch the ball it will scatter again following the above rules until it is either caught or lands in an empty square.

Now I realize that in certain cases the ball can scatter and bounce into a square and not be caught and then again and again and keep going until finally laying to rest, but in the test case above the ball ended up 3 squares farther than would have been possible using the LRB rules???

Could there be a bug???

Reason: ''
~There's something out there waiting for us & it ain't no man...we're all gonna die!~
Mr. Sanity
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Sanity »

If the ball goes out of bounds, the crowd will throw it 2D6 spaces.

Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nightbird »

really, huh. Can U tell me on what page to find the info in the LRB?

I've been out of the game for about 5 yrs., hard to remeber all the rules. I did go over the new LRB and didn't find the 2d6 crowd throw-in rule though. Would appreciate it to know where to find the rule and any other rules that pertain to this post.

~Nightbird0211

~There's something out there waiting for us & it ain't no man...we're all gonna die!~
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Its on page 4 under the throw in template description.

Post by Guest »

Yes. That rule is in a horrible place. It is in the part of the rule book that explains what comes in the box. So under the picture of the throw in template is the rule. Not mentioned anywhere else. I played for years with throwin scatters landing on the square the template points to. It wasn't until Chet played with an early version of my game (with the incorrect throw in rule) and he pointed out the real rule that I found out about it.

SkiJunkie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SkiJunkie »

Opps...that was me above, forgot to log in.

--SkiJunkie
Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nightbird »

Thanks All/Ski just wondering if there was a bug or something that I had found.

~Nightbird