Invalid Names

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

kgrroth
Rookie
Rookie

Invalid Names

Post by kgrroth »

I've come across a weird situation in LE. I have several teams I was working on updating and now all of a sudden I keep getting invalid name messages for several of them. It is not allowing me to save the data unless I change their names, the funny thing is these are players that have already been played several games already and I didn't have that problem with them before. Is there a way around this glitch?

KG

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Invalid Names

Post by Darkson »

The teams or the players?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
kgrroth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kgrroth »

Players. I have an amazon named Agnes Spearchucker and a dwarf named Blackie One-Eye and they both had a couple of games in. After two games I tried to update their stats and I kept getting an invalid name message.

I run a solitaire league on exhibition and update the teams manually after playing the games.

ChenZhen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by ChenZhen »

I was not allowed to name a Necro team Reanimation Domination.

Was a team that I was making for solo. Not sure what other names / words are banned, but there you go.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blood Bowl Chaos Edition\Data\Manager\badwords has a list in it - open it with notepad. There are some really random entries though: Spearchucker is in it, as is Blackie.

I suspect editing it may allow SP games to use those words, but I'm, less certain about MP. I've not tried it.