Score! - tiebreakers, sports scores and kill scores

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Score! - tiebreakers, sports scores and kill scores

Post by Olaf the Stout »

I used the Score! software at my Blood Bowl tournament for the first time on the weekend. It worked really well and was certainly a lot better than the Excel spreadsheet I had used in previous years. There were a couple of things that I either couldn't figure out how to do, or wasn't sure if it was possible to do with Score!

Firstly, Score! allows you to select Opponent's Score as the first tie breaker. That is what we used as the first tie-breaker at my tournament. The problem with that was that the tournament was 6 games held over 2 days. There were a couple of people that only played 1 day, not both. This meant that those players that played against these players had a much lower Opponent's Score.

A better option would be to use Average Opponent's Score so that it didn't matter how many games your opponent played. Is that possible in the current version of Score!? If it isn't, is there any way to add it in myself?

Secondly, we award a Best Sports award at the tournament. This is the player that others most enjoyed playing. These scores are weighted scores based on the average scores that people give. For example, if someone gave all their opponents a score of 5, they will each receive a weighted score of 0. However, if the average of all results they gave was 5, and they gave 1 person a 7 that person would receive a score of +2. This way the Sports scores are not affected by the fact that some people always give high scores, while others always give low scores.

Is there any way to calculate sports scores using Score! in the way that I have described above?

Thirdly, my tournament tracks kills for and against in each round, in addition to casualties. Is there any way to record kills for and against on a round by round basis in Score!? I could see a way to record one or the other, but not both.

Thanks in advance,

Olaf the Stout

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Score! - tiebreakers, sports scores and kill scores

Post by sann0638 »

Hi Olaf,
from my experience the 2nd and 3rd things would be best recorded separately - just have an excel sheet open as well, as they don't affect tournament score. I also think the tiebreaker system is fairly inflexible, it just has a few options as you've seen and not formulas, so your scenario is a bit tricky.

But this is just from my experience, so others might say different.

Mike

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Score! - tiebreakers, sports scores and kill scores

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Hi Mike,

Yeah, I did just record Kills and Sports scores on a separate spreadsheet. It definitely made data entry a lot slower though. Tiebreakers being average opponent's score, rather than opponent's score can make a big difference too, so hopefully there is a way I can adjust it myself.

Olaf the Stout