OBBLM DB question

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Daikaiju
Rookie
Rookie

OBBLM DB question

Post by Daikaiju »

I am having a strange occurance with my "Event" boxes.

We have 8 teams in our tournament. The "hire" and "skills" boxes work great for 7 of the teams. For the 8th (my team, of course) nothing shows up in those boxes.

All teams work fine in the "Leader" boxes.

Obviously it is something with my team, not the boxes. I went through the DB to see if I could see anything different about my team than the others. Nothing jumped out at me as being different, but that isn't to say there isn't something in there somewhere.

My team was the first created back when I first installed and was doing experimenting, so it could be any little thing.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can look to correct this issue?

Thanks,

Daikaiju

Reason: ''
Boardgame News and Bloodbowl League
http://www.GCGG.org
Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: OBBLM DB question

Post by Pagan »

I'm using a fresh install of 0.91 with my usual custom modifications added and it seems to show events for the first team created in my league.

I would check the divisions/league id of your first team and compare that to the league/division your events box is looking for. Since it was the first created obblm may have assigned it an ID that is not being used for Divisions or Tournaments currently.

Daikaiju
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Daikaiju »

Pagan wrote:I'm using a fresh install of 0.91 with my usual custom modifications added and it seems to show events for the first team created in my league.

I would check the divisions/league id of your first team and compare that to the league/division your events box is looking for. Since it was the first created obblm may have assigned it an ID that is not being used for Divisions or Tournaments currently.
I looked at the "Teams" table. All the teams have the same f_did and f_lid. All the other teams are showing up great in the event box. I am kinda baffled. I checked "mv_teams" and "mv_es_teams" as well as I couldn't find documentation explaining what the difference is the the tables....

I changed the event code in settings_1.php to do the entire league instead of just the tournament... The same single team isn't showing up. I put it back to tournament.

Code: Select all

/*********************
 *   Front page: event boxes
 *********************/

$settings['fp_events'] = array(
    /*
        Event boxes can show for any league, division or tournament the following:
            dead        - recent dead players
            sold        - recent sold players
            hired       - recent hired players
            skills      - recent player skill picks
    */
    array(
        'id'        => 2, # Node ID
        'box_ID'    => 7,
        // Please note: 'type' may be either one of: 'league', 'division' or 'tournament'
        'type'      => 'tournament', # This sets the node to be a tournament. I.e. this will make an event box for 

the tournament with ID = 1
        'title'     => 'Current Seasons latest dead', # Table title
        'content'   => 'dead', # Event type
        'length'    => 5, # Number of entries in table
    ),

array(
        'box_ID'    => 6,
        // Please note: 'type' may be either one of: 'league', 'division' or 'tournament'
        'type'      => 'tournament', # This sets the node to be a tournament. I.e. this will make an event box for the 

tournament with ID = 1
        'title'     => 'Most Recent Hires', # Table title
        'content'   => 'hired', # Event type
    ),

array(
        'box_ID'    => 5,
        'type'      => 'tournament', # This sets the node to be a tournament. I.e. this will make an event box for the 

tournament with ID = 1
        'title'     => 'Latest Skill Picks', # Table title
        'content'   => 'skills', # Event type
    ),
);

Daikaiju
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Daikaiju »

Okay... I also found in "mv_coaches" some oddities... There are 9 coaches. At some point I created a few fake test coaches. I deleted them when I was done with them, now it looks as though they are still in the "mv_coaches" table.

Also, my coach ID (f_cid 1) is in there twice... once with "null" data and another time with the info.... could this be my issue? Can I manually delete these from the table?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

Does your team that is not showing up in the Events box show up under the Statistics -> Team Standings when you filter by the current tournament?

Else I'd check the obblm google code page and see if anyone else has posted a similar Issue.

I can't take a look at my database right now to see if it also has a double entry. if you have the ability backup the database and give it s shot removing the id with the null. but make sure you know how to restore it if you wreck the database. It looks like a few others have double entries and I'm not sure how the Events links things, if it is off of coach or team events.

I'll also caveat it that its likely highly recommended against users editing the database manually if you want future 'official' support.

Daikaiju
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Daikaiju »

Pagan wrote:Does your team that is not showing up in the Events box show up under the Statistics -> Team Standings when you filter by the current tournament?

Else I'd check the obblm google code page and see if anyone else has posted a similar Issue.
Yes, the team shows up in Statistics -> Team Standings.

Thanks for the replies, Pagan. I thought maybe I was missing something easy! I'll head over to the code page!

Daikaiju

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

The null-entry is normal, it's used by OBBLM.

Please post bug reports / problems at code.google.com/p/obblm
..And please post a detailed report of what you have done etc.

Nicholas.