OBBLM Import team?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bob Bifford
Experienced
Experienced

OBBLM Import team?

Post by Bob Bifford »

How the hell do you import teams?

Also can you use the import team to change teams between coaches?

Reason: ''
Keith-Lemon
Rookie
Rookie

Re: OBBLM Import team?

Post by Keith-Lemon »

Ok if people dont know how this works how about transfering teams between players how do you do that?

Record: Table top - 3/1/1 FUMBBL - 90/33/61 Cyanide - Not played heap of crap.
nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

Team transfers are not possible between coaches: http://nicholasmr.dk/obblmwiki/index.ph ... ach_Corner

To import a team use the "Admin -> Improt team" feature. The page should be self-explanatory.

Nicholas.

Bob Bifford
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bob Bifford »

OK another question im adding old teams and some of the players have injury's and i can not seem to find where i can add them so any help please.

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

You need to specify the injury in the .xml from when importing teams.

Bob Bifford
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bob Bifford »

nicholasmr wrote:You need to specify the injury in the .xml from when importing teams.

I just been adding teams and adding points and skills is there not away to add them like you would add skills?

Bob Bifford
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bob Bifford »

not very good really is it this obblm

nicholasmr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nicholasmr »

I'm not sure I understand your previous question?

But, if you wish to judge merely by the ability to import teams then go ahead :-). The import feature is not super well supported. It is actually written as a "hack" into the current system by making fake matches. Thus, if you do not like the way this is implemented then please use OBBLM as intended by starting up a league from the beginning.

Nicholas.

Bob Bifford
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bob Bifford »

Well the problem is having no option to add injuries easy like you can with skills, also my league we do a season and all teams go back in a hat and get drawn out again to players so we all get a chance to use other teams and OBBLM will not even have that option to move teams between players and this is a biggy because now i can not even make the fixtures on obblm because the wrong coaches have the wrong teams some may have 2 teams and as you can not have obblm play 2 teams that belong to the same coach then its a no go for me.

Im still using a table on a free web site because of this and this was the whole point in me paying for hosting etc etc, and as it stands we are not even using OBBLM because of the above and im a little gutted to be honest.