OBBLM Playoff help

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

OBBLM Playoff help

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi guys

We have a league with 12 regular games in the division. It's then on to playoffs for a bunch of the teams.

I've created a second tournament within the league for the teams to pass in to, as you can see here:
http://nzcbbl.obblm.com/index.php?secti ... e=upcoming
and here: http://nzcbbl.obblm.com/index.php?secti ... type=tours

The problem is, when I log a result:
The results of the game update the table on the front page (the results of the playoffs should not affect the table!)
All MNGs from the prior game clear, but the journeymen are not dismissed.

Any ideas? Very urgent - these issues have taken me by surprise!

Cheers!

S

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: OBBLM Playoff help

Post by sann0638 »

Journeymen never get dismissed automatically I don't think.

And is it possible you have league results showing rather than tournament results? if the regular season is a separate tournament, it should have its own table.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Mike!
sann0638 wrote:Journeymen never get dismissed automatically I don't think.
Oops :oops:
sann0638 wrote:And is it possible you have league results showing rather than tournament results? if the regular season is a separate tournament, it should have its own table.
Yes, very much so. Though going in to localsettings for the league and tweaking it to "tournament" removes the table standing box all together, and "division" returns an empty table.

What steps should I have followed to move into playoffs?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I looked at your page and you have the season tournament showing just fine. Paste the setting that doesn't work here.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Will, thanks mate :)

http://nzcbbl.obblm.com/
On the front page league table, my team - FKZN - is showing as having played 13 games total, with points etc calculated from those 13 games. HOWEVER:

12 of those games were in the division "Summer 2513", and the last one was in the tournament "Summer 2513 Playoffs".
http://nzcbbl.obblm.com/index.php?secti ... =games#anc

Basically I want to display only the league table with the results from the division Summer 2513 in it, not all games from all tournaments. Make sense?

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Show me the setting that creates that table. I am guessing the setting is for league or division then. You want tournament. Also you have to set the tournament id that you want it to use. In this case you want to use an id of 2.

If you have any trouble, post the currect setting and post any setting you try. My guess is that when you tried switching to tournament, you kept the id of 1.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Cool, I'll take a look in the localsettings file later.

Intrigued that you think it's due to selecting the wrong tournament, though - I can't imagine a scenario whereby you would want tournaments to cross polinate. Bear in mind that if I don't want to show the new tournament; I just don't want the old tournament's data to be corrupted with data from a different tourney (which is what seems to be happening at the moment).

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Shteve0 wrote:Cool, I'll take a look in the localsettings file later.

Intrigued that you think it's due to selecting the wrong tournament, though - I can't imagine a scenario whereby you would want tournaments to cross polinate. Bear in mind that if I don't want to show the new tournament; I just don't want the old tournament's data to be corrupted with data from a different tourney (which is what seems to be happening at the moment).
Right now I think it is just giving league settings so there's nothing unexpected about the stats. Your team shows 13 games in the table and has played a lifetime total of 13 games.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Cool, thanks, you're right.

So the league is an envelope; within it is the division (also an envelope); and within that I have two tournaments. I've set it in the local_settings/settings file for the league to show tournamentid 1 and fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help, hopefully the above will make sense to anyone with the same problem!