OBBLM Fan Factor

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

cptdaver
Rookie
Rookie

Re: OBBLM Fan Factor

Post by cptdaver »

Vanguard wrote:Found time to do some digging tonight and I think I've solved the problem.
In lib\game_data.php you can set the FF cost, which I've changed from the default 10k to 0k.
In localsettings\settings_2.php (note, 2 is the ID for my League, yours may differ) I've set the Initial_Fan_Factor to 5.
Also, Post_Game_FF is set to false, which prevents players from purchasing FF after they've played their first game.

Hopefully that'll work as intended, we'll see soon enough. :)

Hi,

I know this tread is already 2 years old but I'm struggling with the same issue. (...except for the initial Fan Factor which stays zero in our league.)
I've changed the FF cost in the lib\game_data.php to 0K and run 'Re-install database back-end procedures and functions.' in the core panel.
Unfortunately nothing changes in the team creator. The factor stays 10K.

I tried this procedure in different browsers, cleared cache etc.
Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Can someone help me out with this issue?

Thanks.

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Hi,

After you've ran Re-install database back-end procedures and functions from the Core panel you'll also need to run SyncAll().
The Re-Install procedure loads the game data into the database, so the modified FF value should be brought in at this point. However, it does not recalculate the team values, so you won't see any difference yet. SyncAll() prompts OBBLM to recalculate everything, so you should see the new FF value take effect after that.

Let me know if that doesn't work, as there have been a few changes in the new version.

cptdaver
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cptdaver »

Nope. I already tried that. It has no effect.
Is there something else I can try?

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

I've just tested this on my own site, and changing the value in game_data.php followed by the re-install and syncAll() correctly updates all the TVs for me.
Where is your site hosted?

cptdaver
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cptdaver »

obblm

@Vanguard see PM

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Vanguard,

Are you using the release version of NAFLM?

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Yes, I'm using the NAFLM release, although I've a few custom tweaks too, so may not be the best reference case.
Had some follow up chat with CptDaver via PM and the issue was that the apparent TV cost was not changing on the team creation page. Looks as though that is hard-coded for display purposes. I'll flag it up on the GitHub site as a bug but looks as though it should still calculate correctly. CptDaver was going to do some test teams to confirm, so hopefully he can let us know.

cptdaver
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cptdaver »

Hi,

I just did some testing;
Even if you changed the FF-value in lib\game_data.php to 0K, the 'team creator' does still count the FF towards the TV on creating your team. In other words; on creating your team you'll still be able to select FF 5 f.e. and this wil count as 50K towards your TV. Once your team has been created though the TV will be reduced by the chosen FF again. (because of the customized lib\game_data.php)

So I can confirm Vanguard; the FF in the 'team creator' is hard coded. (=not linked to the FF in lib\game_data.php) As long as you choose FF 0 upon team creation everything is fine - otherwise this can be confusing.

Grtz.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

I've had a quick look at the Team Creator module and think it should be an easy fix. Leave it with me and I'll see if I can put something together.

jcopersito
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jcopersito »

Vanguard - any chance you can field some similar questions from me too?

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

I've updated the class_team_creator.php file which should fix the issue. If you want to try it, replace the original file with the attached version on your install of OBBLM (\modules\teamcreator). I highly recommend keeping a copy of the original file and switching them back if you encounter any issues. The attached file is .txt to enable it to be uploaded, you can just change the extension to .php when putting it on your server.
jcopersito wrote:Vanguard - any chance you can field some similar questions from me too?
Happy to take a look, but can't make any promises. If it's not Fan Factor related though, I'd say put it in a new thread for clarity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cptdaver
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cptdaver »

Nailed it! Nice job, Vanguard.

Thanks a lot.