OBBLM How to add teams to a tournament?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

OBBLM How to add teams to a tournament?

Post by Jani74 »

I am trying to set up OBBLM for the first time for a league. So far I have inserted all teams in the system.

Now, I need to get the actual league stuff working. I have created a league, one division under it (with no division ties) and next I want to create a Round-Robin under the division, but the R-R option is disabled. Cannot choose it.

Ok, I create FFA tournament instead, and then modify it to be Round-Robin. Done. Weird way to do it, but it was possible.

Next I try to add the teams to my new tournament.

I choose Admin->Schedule Matches, and, wait, am I now creating another Round-Robin? What ever happened to the first one? Why can't I add teams to that?

Ok, I will create another Round-Robin and then delete the first one afterwards. I choose the division (the only one), insert tournament name, choose ranking system, choose brackets (1) and add the teams in the other window.

"Request failed : You may not schedule matches between teams from different leagues OR one or more of the selected teams are not from the chosen league."

How do I get the teams in to the league in the first place? There are no "Add this team to this league" option anywhere.

I don't understand this system at all. Well, I understand that I need a league, one division under it, and then create tournament under the division. But the system won't let me add any teams to the tournament, or to the division, or to the league.

At some point I gave all the users a Regular coach access to the league. We have 12 coaches and everybody has their own accounts. It did not help anything. I still can't add any teams to a Round-Robin tournament.

Additionally, at some point my root account has lost the ability to add SPPS and other stuff to team players. I have the Admin-menu visibile, but the individual player modification is not allowed any more. How can I get the privileges back? I know how to use PHPMyAdmin if that is required.

"Display coach access levels" says Global commissioner for root. Is that not enough? I thought it was. There is no higher admin level than that.

I'd love to use OBBLM for our league, if I just knew how. Team creation was quite easy, but the league system is not. I have read the wiki guide many times, but it does not say why I cannot add teams to a league, and where did my admin privileges go.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Does the League Location have any major significance? No mention of it in the guide.

Reason: ''
Image Image Image
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: OBBLM How to add teams to a tournament?

Post by funnyfingers »

A round robin is scheduled once and not added to. So when you create a round robin, you have to have teams available to add to the round robin and then you will never add to that tournament again.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Teams are added to a league upon creation. You don't move teams between leagues.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jani74 »

Yep, I figured it out. I have to have a league already present when creating teams. There should be a big red alert box in the beginning of the OBBLM guide saying CREATE LEAGUE FIRST, THEN TEAMS. YOU CAN'T DO IT THE OTHER WAY ROUND! THE SYSTEM WON'T LET YOU, AND IT WON'T TELL YOU WHY! :-D

Image Image Image