OBBLM Rounds as Months?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dodger
Rookie
Rookie

OBBLM Rounds as Months?

Post by dodger »

Hi All, I've been customizing OBBLM a bit to fit our league rules and such but there's a point I'm getting stuck on. Our league is mostly free play where anyone can play anyone on no set schedule, with a monthly game limit per team for the regular play Season. Then we're doing 3 tournaments a year with the teams built from these free play periods.

We started in February so we've just been using Round 1 for that and are now using Round 2 for March play. Looks like we'd be ok continuing in that fashion since there are 12 rounds and 12 months in a year, but I'd like to add in a new round type with Month names as the round selections. What all is involved in that?

Reason: ''
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: OBBLM Rounds as Months?

Post by funnyfingers »

You can use the translations file to do that.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
dodger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dodger »

funnyfingers wrote:You can use the translations file to do that.
Yeah I see that but that would apply to all tournaments in the league right? There are some events we may want rounds, but for the regular season play Months would be preferred. So it really needs to be a separate roundtype.

Aronne320
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Aronne320 »

dodger wrote:
funnyfingers wrote:You can use the translations file to do that.
Yeah I see that but that would apply to all tournaments in the league right? There are some events we may want rounds, but for the regular season play Months would be preferred. So it really needs to be a separate roundtype.
Add round 13 to 24 and name them in the translation file with names of the months (so the round 13 will become January and so)

Then you'll select round 1-12 for the normal leagues and round January-december for monthly league