Cyanide DE Edition - optimal view for pitch?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Cyanide DE Edition - optimal view for pitch?

Post by celticgriffon »

Hi everyone,

I seem to really be having a hard time adjusting to this game. I have played the board version for a very long time.

It seems the easiest way for me to get a good view of the entire pitch is by the direct top down view. But when I do this I can't easily tell which players are which.

And my gaming mouse has a center scroll button that I always seem to roll when I play and this further screws up my views.

I always seem to exceed the four minute time limit. I know practise makes perfect but does anyone have any hints/suggestions?

Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Cyanide DE Edition - optimal view for pitch?

Post by Chris »

I use about a 60 degree to the horizontal view, sometimes have to go higher for tricky moves.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

This is one of my biggest complaints with the Cyanide version. It's very pretty but it makes playing the game difficult at times. I honestly don't have enough experience with it to give you any quality advice here. I just want to express that I feel your pain on this issue. I stopped playing the Cyanide version for many reasons, this being one of the big ones.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Press n and you can cycle through labels for the players: player name, number, position or some weird-ass formula telling you how many SPP are required. The player number should help you out with the top-down.

I agree that some different views (and custom labels) would be beneficial though.