trouble accessing obblm

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

wim
Rookie
Rookie

trouble accessing obblm

Post by wim »

Hi all,

I've been experiencing some problems accessing our obblm site for a while now. It started with logging in, then going to a different section of the site, and all of a sudden I'm logged out again. And at the moment I can't acces the site. Anyone experience similar problems? For those interested, the site is garlicbb.obblm.com

Regards,

Wim

Reason: ''
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: trouble accessing obblm

Post by funnyfingers »

The server that the free hosting on is in the middle of a move. The paid hosting one is in the cloud and is running fine. www.mercuryvps.com and www.obblm.com (which actually just redirects to www.mercuryvps.com) are on that physical server as well. Hopefully the move shouldn't be more than a few hours, but I am still waiting on updates.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
wim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wim »

Thanks for the reply mister funnyfingers! The coaches in my league were panicking (and so was I ;-) but we'll wait and see. And let me take this opportunity to thank you for all the work you have put in, we really appreciate it. And it has made my life as our league commissioner a lot easier. I'll have a look at moving to the paid hosting one, although I'm a complete noob when it comes to this kind of things ;-)

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Would this be impacting the OBBLM wiki too?

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

It seems that both http://www.obblm.com and http://www.mercuryvps.com are still down. :(
Any news on this?

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

This does impact the wiki as well. The data center is still working on this move. They moved from from a Data Center about 3 hours from me to one about 10 hours from me in the opposite direction without notice.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Will, do you host for nicholasmr.dk too? Not been able to get there since the outage

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Do you know, when you expect OBBLM back online? I know, this is a free service, so I'm not complaining(!), but I'd just really like to access our rosters - thursday the latest. :cry:
(http://bang.obblm.com/)

My sales thread:
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Our website is still down. :( Any news whatsoever on the time frame?

My sales thread:
wim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wim »

I've recieved an email from william in wich he told me the datacentre is swamped and doesn't reply to him directly. This was on the fourth of april. So unfortunately no news ons when it will be back online. He's still working on getting it sorted.

BigSexy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BigSexy »

I noticed today that a default web page now being displayed. I hope that means they're coming back up.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Wim,

Did you receive my email? The main paid hosting was never down, but I did bring back the provisioning site, http://www.mercuryvps.com. I have all of the data from the old server on my paid hosting server. Anyone who had a free hosted site can request this data or can place an order at http://www.mercuryvps.com and click on the OBBLM tab. WHen prompted, you want to choose a free subdomain. You can use the same name that you used before. Once the order is placed, login and open a new ticket with the free hosted site name to restore. This will ensure that it doesn't get lost in emails.

-Will

wim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wim »

Hi Will,

Yes I've recieved your email, but didn't have the time to reply until now. I'll have a look at it right away. Thanks for the help!

BigSexy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BigSexy »

I switched over to the new service. Very easy. The site was restored for me and is an updated version of OBBLM. Web address is still the same.

dodger
Rookie
Rookie

mercuryvps down today?

Post by dodger »

Is everyone else unable to access their obblm.com and the mercuryvps.com sites today?