OBBLM Need help for House Rules Customization

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

KolterB
Rookie
Rookie

OBBLM Need help for House Rules Customization

Post by KolterB »

Hey guys,

we just started to implement our Blood Bowl league from a manual page to the OBBLM Tool.

Sadly we have no one who is fit in informatics so i got a bit trouble to figure out the right code for our house rules.

Maybe smb here can help me or had the same problem.

With 2 house rules i have a big problem.

-The Fan Factor should not calculated in the Team Value
-for doing 3 TDs u get 1 extra Point. for doing 3 Cas u getting aswell 1 extra Point
(for example
Gork vs Mork 3:0 3:0 Cas would be 9 points for the winner
Gork vs Mork 2:0 2:0 Cas would be 7 points for the winner
Gork vs Mork 2:0 3:0 Cas would be 8 points for the winner

and so on.

I really have no idea how to type this in. Maybe smb have some ideas what i can try.

Cheers
Ben

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: OBBLM Need help for House Rules Customization

Post by Vanguard »

Fan Factor value can be set to 0 in the game_data.php file which is in the lib sub folder. The line you're looking for is

Code: Select all

$rules['cost_fan_factor']       = 10000;    // Default is 10000.
which is about eight lines from the end of the file. Simply change it to

$rules['cost_fan_factor']       = 0;    // Default is 10000.
and Fan Factor will now be free and won't impact TV. Once you've done that and saved the change you'll need to go to the Admin Core Panel on the site and run Re-install DB back-end procedures and functions. That'll recalculate all the TVs.
As for bonus points for certain amounts of TDs or CAS, I'm fairly sure that OBBLM can't support that. It would need some custom coding to identify matches which qualify. A workaround would be to use the Sportsmanship points on the Match records. Award 1 or 2 points here for three TDs/CAS then make your ranking system Points+Sportsmanship points.

KolterB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KolterB »

thanks mate.

got really mad that i not found the line in settings :)

good idea with the sportmanship.i thin its not gonna supported but this may works. Gonna try and tell u if its working ;) learning by doing

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Not a problem. Let me know how you get on with the Sportsmanship points. There's a pretty good guide on the wiki for creating your own custom ranking, but give me a shout if you run in to difficulties.

KolterB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KolterB »

Sadly its not that working well. There is no way just to change the whole script to add the extra points. The ranking is still diffrent than it have to be. Just because for some teams its really easy to make 3 Tds or 3 Cas (rats). So i think we have to change the rules before next season or we just cant use obblm. At the moment I will generate a Extra Ranking in the News.

But i have another prob. Where i can find the pos_if for the team xml. I think this means if the player is a Blocker, Trollslyer, Catcher or whatever. But where i can find a list to see which posi is which id. :(

KolterB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KolterB »

Ok i found it :D

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

KolterB wrote:There is no way just to change the whole script to add the extra points.
What are you trying to do? As I imagined it, you'd add 1 or 2 sportsmanship points manually to the match report if a team got 3TDs or 3CAS.
You should then be able to edit the ranking to something like:

$hrs[5]['points'] = '7*[won] + Y*[draw] + [smp]'
This would make the team points equal to seven points for a win (which I've taken from your examples) plus the sportmanship (or bonus) points that are awarded. Y should be set to however many points you're awarding for a draw.