OBBLM Newsletter?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

OBBLM Newsletter?

Post by sann0638 »

Hi,
has anyone ever tried to auto-generate a newsletter using the info in OBBLM? Should this be possible?

Just thinking out loud...

Mike

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

This is inspired. There must be a way. I'm imagining a module accessible in the administration menu that lets you enter a month band and an intro before generating the html; all matches summarised for each tournament, a couple of the longest match reports, a team of the month (most spps in matches that round?) as the team in profile, a list of the next ten upcoming fixtures, maybe a few leader boxes, obituaries!, even a 'did you know?' box or two with some all time records. All linked back to the site. And if we could find a way of mailing it out to a mailing list...

Fantastic idea, Mike. This would be a huge value add. I'll talk to some local code-savvy types, see if we can come up with a plan!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: OBBLM Newsletter?

Post by sann0638 »

Perfect, thank you.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

No promises chap. But I'll certainly try ;)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: OBBLM Newsletter?

Post by mzukerman »

This would be great. For the LIBBL newsletter I have to manually extract all the stats and standings.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup