OBBLM custom banner

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

OBBLM custom banner

Post by Saebelsultan »

Hey!

For our OBBLM site we want to install a new banner up top. Where I know how to patch a few things up in Photoshop, we apparently didn't get the size right the first try (and it doesn't help. that I know completly nothing of code in any way...). I was now wondering, if OBBLM uses a fixed size for the banner anyway or if it rather adepts to the displaynig device. If it adapts, how do I need to configure my banner then?

Thanks a lot for helping!

Reason: ''
"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

It's fixed size, but you can trick it into repeating (check the first link in my signature). You need to get a very slim image and repeat it though. I'll dig out the code when I get a sec!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Re: OBBLM custom banner

Post by Saebelsultan »

Thank you, Shteve0!
I am not quite sure, what you mean by repeating the image though.

Am I right about the fixed size being 1200 x 150 px?

Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I don't recall, sorry, but that sounds as though it could be right.

Here's the code from my wbbl site.

/* Banner */
div.banner {
width: 100%;
height: 104px;
margin-left:0px;
margin-bottom: 3px;
margin-top: 20px;
background: url(../images/logo.png) left 18px center no-repeat, url(../images/bg_header.png) left top repeat-x;
-moz-border-radius: 7px;
-webkit-border-radius: 7px;
color: black;
border-radius: 7px;
}

That lives in the (active) stylesheet under the css directory. To get it to work you need two image files instead of the banner: logo.png and bg_header.png. Essentially this code repeats the background image across the width of the window (within the main container boundaries set in the section before this one), and renders a logo on top. The background image should only be a few pixels wide though, it repeats anyway, there's no point feeding a massive image file into the repeat instruction.

You can of course just go to the image your default code renders, open it with something like paint.net or gimp, and click "resize image" - that'll give you the dimensions in pixels. Save your new image over the top with the same size and you'll be fine. It won't be dynamic, though.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Ah, I see. So, for instance, I have my logo (little picture and some writing) and my backgroundcolour design as two seperate file. They will be placed over each other. But where my logo remains static, my background will be repeated to fit the window size. Nice! I go try doing that.

Otherwise we go static with the whole thing...

Thank you very, very much, Shteve0!!!

Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

Ty Shteve0 i'll check our css file. :)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Youre very welcome. You might need to play around with some of the settings to get it to look the way you want it.

Here's a cool trick: if you're using Chrome on a desktop, right click somewhere on your obblm page and select "view source" and track down your stylesheet. It basically lets you make live changes to the page without saving them anywhere (as soon as you click a link or refresh the changes are lost). If you like what you end up with, it's as simple as copying and pasting the css code into your actual stylesheet!

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Nice site Shteve0, have you made your modifications to OBBLM available anywhere? The new team wizard is particularly handy.

Also, I notice we're not the only WBBL. Oops.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Thanks man! I haven't yet shared the site code, but that particular module is actually the work of doubleskulls. You can find it here: https://code.google.com/p/obblm/source/ ... %2Fmodules

If you do add it to your site, make sure you bring the relevant section of the settings_modules.php file from the main trunk!

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

Definitely a +1 on the site layout, Shteve0 - I like the Wizard as well as the Team in Focus. I saw you shared the Wizard code from DoubleSkulls, any place we can find that team in focus code?

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi ddancer

That's included as standard - iirc in the localsettings file there's a 0/1 on/off toggle for "in focus" under the table section :)