OBLLM match report screen

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

OBLLM match report screen

Post by Darkson »

Holding my hand up here, brand new to OBLLM so this is probably really obvious, but...

On the match reporting screen, I've worked out what all the boxes are, accept the TV box in the "Teams" section - is this just the TV of the 2 teams at the start of the match (so don't need to change it) or the TV at the end of the game (so the coaches need to change it manually)?

I ask because we won't have (decent) net access in the hall so I'm making match report sheets for the coaches to fill during the game so they can fill in the OBLLM site afterwards.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: OBLLM match report screen

Post by mzukerman »

THis is the team value of each team before the match. It will include any journeymen you have added to the teams. You can calculate the inducements from there.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ok, next question - is it possible to rename a player once they've been added, and if so, how?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Thanks.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ok, another n00b question. We had our first round of matches last night, so I scheduled them (5 games), and they all showed in the "Upcoming Matches" tab.
2 of the coaches are keen [read - don't need to be reminded] to fill in their match report, it's all in, and I've locked the game (and they've successfully updated their teams). This game is showing in the "Recent Matches" tab.

However, this game is still showing in the "Upcoming" tab, with the updated TVs of the teams, and the missing players highlighted.
Is this normal? I seem to recall something about all games showing until they've been played?
(I would post links, but as it's hosted via the NAF it doesn't appear to have league-specific links.)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Those are different games - ie you (or someone else) created the match several times over. The system doesnt look at two games between the same two teams in the same round and see a duplicate, it sees two perfectly legal fixtures, and so creates them independently to each other.

Check out this teams recent and coming games - three fixtures, all against the same opponent.
http://thenaf.obblm.com/index.php?secti ... =games#anc

You just need to delete the 'upcoming' version of any duplicates.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I might be able to answer that, as one of the "keen" coaches ;)

I also scheduled our match (me vs Waddywoos), as I seem to recall you saying we should, then input the results. And I suspect Waddywoos did also. That might mean the system is expecting us to play again (which I doubt Waddywoos would like to do, considering the result ;) ).

I can see our match is also listed in the Recent Matches tab, so removing the scheduled/upcoming matches might fix it.

To avoid this in the future we will have to agree who will input the match and results, I suggest the winner is responsible for this.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ah, I did say I was scheduling the first round, just something else no-one listened to. :roll:
I'll remove the erroneous game next time I'm on.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Specific links should work fine.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:Ah, I did say I was scheduling the first round, just something else no-one listened to. :roll:
I'll remove the erroneous game next time I'm on.
Sorry, I wasnt listening. What did you say?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

sann0638 wrote:Specific links should work fine.
The url for "Upcoming Matches" for the ARBBL league is the same as the one for the NAF league, it's only what I select from the drop-down that changes what shows on the page.
http://thenaf.obblm.com/index.php?secti ... e=upcoming

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler