Updating OBBLM

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Updating OBBLM

Post by Vanguard »

The latest OBBLM download is still v0.96 (Sept 2013).
There are a number of revisions on the GoogleCode site that are more recent. Is there any documentation on how to apply these? Is it simply a case of overwriting the relevant files one by one?

Reason: ''
elde
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Updating OBBLM

Post by elde »

I'm a bit curious about this as well.

My webhotel forced a php update on the site, taking it from 5.3 to 5.5, marking many mysql_ -functions deprived and breaking the pdf-roster in the process. Now, I'm not too good with php, and going over a lump of someone else's code, updating it to current standards and making it work again is not something I'm going to jump at the first opportunity.

Has anyone else had these kinds of problems before? I saw a version 0.97 files in github. Is the NAF-branch of OBBLM in GitHub the most recent one?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yes. We need to iron out some issues first, but an updater is in the pipeline.

That said, I'm unaware of the 5.5 problem - can you open an issue on the github please?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Guy in Suit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guy in Suit »

So does this mean that if I install the version currently on github, I will have the snazzy beta version on the NAF site? Cuz the mobile support is awesome thus far!

elde
Rookie
Rookie

Re:

Post by elde »

Shteve0 wrote:Yes. We need to iron out some issues first, but an updater is in the pipeline.

That said, I'm unaware of the 5.5 problem - can you open an issue on the github please?
The problem is with the OBBLM 0.96 version, not the NAF branch - I'm looking to replace the old version with something else. I doubt you want new issues opened from the old version.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Guy in Suit wrote:So does this mean that if I install the version currently on github, I will have the snazzy beta version on the NAF site? Cuz the mobile support is awesome thus far!
Yes, but remember it's in beta - I'm deploying patches and fixes on a weekly basis, I deployed another couple of commits yesterday and I'm looking at another live issue as we speak, so you're best off waiting for a stable version to get rolled up before jumping on board or you'll be out of date in a matter of days.

Of course if you were to jump aboard the NAF hosting you'll always have the most up to date version free of any hassle ;)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: Re:

Post by Shteve0 »

elde wrote:
Shteve0 wrote:Yes. We need to iron out some issues first, but an updater is in the pipeline.

The problem is with the OBBLM 0.96 version, not the NAF branch - I'm looking to replace the old version with something else. I doubt you want new issues opened from the old version.
Elde, have you tried going to /upgrade.php and seeing if there is an option to run an upgrade there?

That aside, I'm also a contributor to the obblm github (technically) and since the naflm is a fork of the core it may be that this is an issue that affects us too. It's certainly worth raising your issue at github.com/nicholasmr/obblm if you can.

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

We have a running league in Bergen, Norway. Using OBBLM. We finish the season in December. How do we transfer the data to this new NAF-OBBLM-thingy? Also; How is the NAF-OBBLM-thingy better? (except the extra races)

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere.