OBBLM - Teething & Strange Browser Behaviour.

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: OBBLM - Teething & Strange Browser Behaviour.

Post by Vanguard »

It uses the Settings_X.php file where X is the League number.
Based on what you have posted previously, your current League ID is 5, so it will be using the Settings_5.php file.

This bit:

Code: Select all

/*************************
* Local settings for league with ID = 1
*************************/
is comments within the file, it has no impact on how it is used. It's for your benefit rather than the system.

Synchronising the database won't delete anything, it just re-calculates all the match values.

Reason: ''
ZerosGiven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZerosGiven »

So Coach ZerosGiven used to be the Admin account, I have now created a new account and use that to Admin the site. So coach ZerosGiven is just a regular coach. He has the problem with this error message, all other accounts it seems are fine.

The second screenshot below is from the admin account.

The part I don't understand is the fact that he can see the 'League' drop down menu just fine. I have tried to remove his access to nothing and give them back to him, but he still gets the same problem.

So the question is, why does a user that has the same setup as the others get this message and no other boxes on the front page, when he is setup just the same. I fail to see how he would get a message that shows that there is a problem with the Settings_X.php file on the server, when ALL other users report no such issue?

I have cleared the cache, I have tried on other computers and different browsers. I have tried via my phone and still I get the same problem.

Is there anyway to delete this coach from the database? I don't mind removing him, then setting him up again and the team etc, the league is yet to start (6th Aug) so I have time to go back in and start the tournament again etc.

Cheers
Duncan

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

The error message you are getting is seen when OBBLM attempts to show a league page for which a corresponding Setting_X.pnp file does not exist.
Try removing access to the League from the ZerosGiven account (Select the league and choose 'None' for Rights). Make sure that the account then shows no Leagues when you test the access rights. Now you can add the league access back.
That should fix it.

ZerosGiven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZerosGiven »

Vanguard wrote:The error message you are getting is seen when OBBLM attempts to show a league page for which a corresponding Setting_X.pnp file does not exist.
Try removing access to the League from the ZerosGiven account (Select the league and choose 'None' for Rights). Make sure that the account then shows no Leagues when you test the access rights. Now you can add the league access back.
That should fix it.
Hi Vanguard, I did this already, it did not work. :(

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

ZerosGiven wrote:
Vanguard wrote:The error message you are getting is seen when OBBLM attempts to show a league page for which a corresponding Setting_X.pnp file does not exist.
That should fix it.
Hi Vanguard, I did this already, it did not work. :(
Hmm, ok. Can you go to Admin -> Import Team and take a screenshot of the 'League and Division IDs'
Can you also confirm what files you have in your localsettings folder on the web server.

ZerosGiven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZerosGiven »

Local settings folder is just:

Settings_1.php
Settings_none.php

Settings_5.php was in there but I just deleted it as it seemed that was not being referenced because if you see below it matchs the (TEST1). It was (TEST5) in the Settings_5.php document, and all test show this not to be referenced.

CODE FROM Settings_1.php below.

<?php

/*********************
* General
*********************/

$settings['league_name'] = 'Leicester Blood Bowl League (TEST1)'; // Name of the site or the league name if only one league is being managed.
$settings['league_url'] = 'http://localhost'; // URL of league home page/forum, if you have such. If not then leave this empty, that is = '' (two quotes only), which will disable the button.
$settings['league_url_name'] = 'My league page'; // Button text for league URL.
$settings['stylesheet'] = 1; // Default is 1. OBBLM CSS stylesheet for non-logged in guests. Currently stylesheet 1 is the only existing stylesheet.
$settings['lang'] = 'en-GB'; // Default language. Existing: en-GB, es-ES, de-DE, fr-FR, it-IT.
$settings['fp_links'] = true; // Default is true. Generate coach, team and player links on the front page?
$settings['welcome'] = 'Welcome to the Leicester Blood Bowl League Home Page. If you are interested in joining our league please email duncan@leicesterbbleague.com for more information.';
$settings['rules'] = '<a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7mxne7gqvd4p ... dl=0">LBBL League & House Rules Pack</a>';
$settings['tourlist_foldup_fin_divs'] = false; // Default is false. If true the division nodes in the tournament lists section will automatically be folded up if all child tournaments in that division are marked as finished.
$settings['tourlist_hide_nodes'] = array('league', 'division', 'tournament'); // Default is array('league', 'division', 'tournament'). In the section tournament lists these nodes will be hidden if their contents (children) are finished. Example: If 'division' is chosen here, and all tours in a given division are finished, then the division entry will be hidden.

/*********************
* Rules
*********************/

// Please use the boolean values "true" and "false" wherever default values are boolean.

$rules['max_team_players'] = 16; // Default is 16.
$rules['static_rerolls_prices'] = false; // Default is "false". "true" forces re-roll prices to their un-doubled values.
$rules['player_refund'] = 0; // Player sell value percentage. Default is 0 = 0%, 0.5 = 50%, and so on.
$rules['journeymen_limit'] = 11; // Until a team can field this number of players, it may fill team positions with journeymen.
$rules['post_game_ff'] = false; // Default is false. Allows teams to buy and drop fan factor even though their first game has been played.

$rules['initial_treasury'] = 1000000; // Default is 1000000.
$rules['initial_rerolls'] = 0; // Default is 0.
$rules['initial_fan_factor'] = 0; // Default is 0.
$rules['initial_ass_coaches'] = 0; // Default is 0.
$rules['initial_cheerleaders'] = 0; // Default is 0.

// For the below limits, the following applies: -1 = unlimited. 0 = disabled.
$rules['max_rerolls'] = -1; // Default is -1.
$rules['max_fan_factor'] = 9; // Default is 9.
$rules['max_ass_coaches'] = -1; // Default is -1.
$rules['max_cheerleaders'] = -1; // Default is -1.

/*********************
* Standings pages
*********************/

$settings['standings']['length_players'] = 30; // Number of entries on the general players standings table.
$settings['standings']['length_teams'] = 30; // Number of entries on the general teams standings table.
$settings['standings']['length_coaches'] = 30; // Number of entries on the general coaches standings table.

/*********************
* Front page messageboard
*********************/

$settings['fp_messageboard']['length'] = 5; // Number of entries on the front page message board.
$settings['fp_messageboard']['show_team_news'] = true; // Default is true. Show team news on the front page message board.
$settings['fp_messageboard']['show_match_summaries'] = true; // Default is true. Show match summaries on the front page message board.

/*********************
* Front page boxes
*********************/

/*
The below settings define which boxes to show on the right side of the front page.

Note, every box MUST have a UNIQUE 'box_ID' number.
The box IDs are used to determine the order in which the boxes are shown on the front page.
The box with 'box_ID' = 1 is shown at the top of the page, the box with 'box_ID' = 2 is displayed underneath it and so forth.
*/

/*********************
* Front page: tournament standings boxes
*********************/

$settings['fp_standings'] = array(
# This will display a standings box of the top 6 teams in node (league, division or tournament) with ID = 5
array(
'id' => 1, # Node ID
'box_ID' => 1,
// Please note: 'type' may be either one of: 'league', 'division' or 'tournament'
'type' => 'tournament', # This sets the node to be a tournament. I.e. this will make a standings box for the tournament with ID = 5
'infocus' => false, # If true a random team from the standings will be selected and its top players displayed.
/*
The house ranking system (HRS) NUMBER to sort the table against.
Note, this is ignored for "type = tournament", since tours have an assigned HRS.
Also note that using HRSs with fields such as points (pts) for leagues/divisions standings makes no sense as they are tournament specific fields (i.e. it makes no sense to sum the points for teams across different tours to get the teams' "league/division points", as the points definitions for tours may vary).
*/
'HRS' => 1, # Note: this must be a existing and valid HRS number from the main settings.php file.
'title' => 'Tournament 1 standings', # Table title
'length' => 6, # Number of entries in table
# Format: "Displayed table column name" => "OBBLM field name". For the OBBLM fields available see http://nicholasmr.dk/obblmwiki/index.ph ... tomization
'fields' => array('Name' => 'name', 'PTS' => 'pts', 'TV' => 'tv', 'CAS' => 'cas', 'W' => 'won', 'L' => 'lost', 'D' => 'draw', 'GF' => 'gf', 'GA' => 'ga',),
),
);

/*********************
* Front page: leaders boxes
*********************/

$settings['fp_leaders'] = array(
# Please note: You can NOT make expressions out of leader fields e.g.: 'field' => 'cas+td'
# This will display a 'most CAS' player leaders box for the node (league, division or tournament) with ID = 5
array(
'id' => 1, # Node ID
'box_ID' => 3,
// Please note: 'type' may be either one of: 'league', 'division' or 'tournament'
'type' => 'tournament', # This sets the node to be a tournament. I.e. this will make a leaders box for the tournament with ID = 5
'title' => 'Season One Most Casualties', # Table title
'field' => 'cas', # For the OBBLM fields available see http://nicholasmr.dk/obblmwiki/index.ph ... tomization
'length' => 5, # Number of entries in table
'show_team' => true, # Show player's team name?
),
# This will display a 'most TD' player leaders box for the node (league, division or tournament) with ID = 2
array(
'id' => 2, # Node ID
'box_ID' => 4,
'type' => 'tournament', # This sets the node to be a tournament. I.e. this will make a leaders box for the tournament with ID = 5
'title' => 'Season One Most Touchdowns', # Table title
'field' => 'td', # For the OBBLM fields available see http://nicholasmr.dk/obblmwiki/index.ph ... tomization
'show_team' => true, # Show player's team name?
),
);

/*********************
* Front page: event boxes
*********************/

$settings['fp_events'] = array(
/*
Event boxes can show for any league, division or tournament the following:
dead - recent dead players
sold - recent sold players
hired - recent hired players
skills - recent player skill picks
*/
array(
'id' => 1, # Node ID
'box_ID' => 5,
'type' => 'tournament', # This sets the node to be a tournament. I.e. this will make an event box for the tournament with ID = 5
'title' => 'Season One Latest Dead', # Table title
'content' => 'dead', # Event type
),
);

/*********************
* Front page: latest games boxes
*********************/

$settings['fp_latestgames'] = array(
# This will display a latest games box for the node (league, division or tournament) with ID = 5
array(
'id' => 1, # Node ID
'box_ID' => 2,
'type' => 'league', # This sets the node to be a league. I.e. this will make a latest games box for the league with ID = 5
'title' => 'Season One Most Recent Games', # Table title
),
);

Thoughts?
Cheers
Duncan

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Have you got a screenshot of the Import Teams page, so I can see the league and division IDs?

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Couple of thoughts:

Everything between /* and */ are comments in the file and completely ignored by the server. For example:

You can put anything you like in there without any adverse effect, it's purely a reference for you.

The League Name in the file...

$settings['league_name'] = 'Leicester Blood Bowl League (TEST1)'; // Name of the site or the league name if only one league is being managed.
... is only used for display purposes. This is what appears just below the menu bar at the top of the screen and above the dropdown where you select your league. It's better thought of as a Display Name rather than league name.

The names of the actual leagues are set through the League Admin page (Admin -> Leagues, Divisions & Tournaments -> Leagues) This is where you need to change the League names in terms of assigning coaches to leagues.

For example, my site has $settings['league_name'] set to 'Weegie Blood Bowl League' while my actual league is called WBBL.

ZerosGiven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZerosGiven »

Hi Vanguard.

Thanks for the info, I understand both of these point and know they don't have an effect.

Cheers
Duncan

ZerosGiven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZerosGiven »

Despite the image showing it's clearly League ID 5 in use, it picks up Settings_1.php.

Is the system designed to pickup '1' if it does not detect a '5'? Should the ONLY settings file in 'public_html/localsettings' be the one needed (e.i settings_5.php) OR does the site ignore others when it finds the settings file that it actually needs based on what League ID is in use on the site?

Should the Settings_X.php files I use be in PUBLIC FTP OR PUBLIC HTML? I notice there are two folders that house Localsettings....

ZerosGiven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZerosGiven »

So I just renamed the Settings_1.php to 5 and instantly the website then said it could not find the League ID, DESPITE it saying in above screenshot that it's looking for '5' and not '1'.

So quite honestly I have no idea whats going on, is it worth reinstalling the system and starting all over again? My worry is as soon as we start populating it with data it's going to go even worse.

Is there a way of saving the teams and or coaches logins if we do this?

Cheers
Duncan

ZerosGiven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZerosGiven »

Think I might have cracked this... wait one.

ZerosGiven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZerosGiven »

Ok, I might be wrong here but I always thought that using the following control box in the 'USER MANAGEMENT' area did exactly that, manage the users!! Turns out it does not, either because i did not understand it or it was broken.

Using the above area does NOT assign the 'league' that the user is attached to.

What DOES for 100% work is using it in each individual users profile area.

This area is found via the clicking on the coach name and clicking his/her profile. Then you can see the 'Change Home League' option and make sure the 'current' section has a league selected. Only one of the 10 coaches we have had this option correct, the rest did not at all.

As soon as I corrected this, the system finally started looking for the correct 'Settings_X.php' file.

I should stick to design work, this has been a real mind feck!

Thanks for the help guys. Next up, making it look good!

How the hell do I get the system to let me use StyleSheet2!? I see no way of doing this!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Ah, that suggests you deleted the home league after it was assigned to the new coaches. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Glad you got it sorted!

In the local settings files there's the following line of code:

$settings['stylesheet']    = 1;                  // Default is 1. OBBLM CSS stylesheet for non-logged in guests. Currently stylesheet 1 is the only existing stylesheet.
Create a stylesheet 2, change that setting, and you're away.

Here's a tip: if you're using chrome and want to dig into someone else's stylesheet, right click on their page and select "inspect element". You can also use this to make temporary changes to your own stylesheet (don't click any links or leave the page though, or any tweaks you make will be lost).

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
ZerosGiven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZerosGiven »

Thanks Shteve0

I got your 'http://wbbl.nzbbn.com/' as a test. I put it into the same folder as the original StyleSheet and named it 'stylesheet2.css'

When I went to the code line you pointed out, I changed the '= 1;' to '= 2;' but nothing happened. Any ideas?

Cheers
Duncan