OBBLM - Round Robin - Change Round

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

I've just started a new league and set up the tournament as a Round Robin. Some of the coaches need to make a switch as they can't make the next round - and I can see there is an option for this within the game report page.

How exactly does this work? I'm just looking for an idea of what to expect before I go ahead and make the change as I don't want to stuff anything up :)

Cheers!

Reason: ''
Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

Re: OBBLM - Round Robin - Change Round

Post by Dark Duke »

I just set up a round robin tournament with 2 times seed bracket. Being 10 teams in the tournament I was expecting the round 1 to be the same than the round 10 (except for which team is playing home and which away), the round 2 to be the same than round 11 and so on and so forth. However, when the schedule has been created, the second bracket has a different order of matches than the first one. I know that I can change game by game entering into the match report but, before doing that for 45 games:
a) is there a way of fixing that in a faster/ simpler way?
b) is there another way of ensuring that the second bracket follows the same order than the first one when scheduing the games?

Life is short, block fast.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

howlinggriffon wrote:I've just started a new league and set up the tournament as a Round Robin. Some of the coaches need to make a switch as they can't make the next round - and I can see there is an option for this within the game report page.

How exactly does this work? I'm just looking for an idea of what to expect before I go ahead and make the change as I don't want to stuff anything up :)

Cheers!
It just renumbers the round in the database for that game. Pretty much risk free (just don't delete it! ;))

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Dark Duke wrote:I just set up a round robin tournament with 2 times seed bracket. Being 10 teams in the tournament I was expecting the round 1 to be the same than the round 10 (except for which team is playing home and which away), the round 2 to be the same than round 11 and so on and so forth. However, when the schedule has been created, the second bracket has a different order of matches than the first one. I know that I can change game by game entering into the match report but, before doing that for 45 games:
a) is there a way of fixing that in a faster/ simpler way?
b) is there another way of ensuring that the second bracket follows the same order than the first one when scheduing the games?
Not that I know, I'm afraid, not without direct database changes at least!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dark Duke »

I tried to check where in the database that info may be stored in order to try to change it, then I realized I didn't even know how to open it from the panel!

Life is short, block fast.