OBBLM - how to retire a team?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

OBBLM - how to retire a team?

Post by Darkson »

Ok, stupid question. We've had two coaches decide to drop out mid-season ( :roll: ), and I want to retire (not delete) their teams from the league, but when I try I get a "Request failed : You do not have permissions to manage the selected coach or team." message, even though I'm the admin of the league.

Stupid thing is, I've already managed to do it earlier in the season, and it went through.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Please link to team?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Also, silly questions first.
1) are you logged in?
2) what permissions does the coach have set? Are they also an admin?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: OBBLM - how to retire a team?

Post by Darkson »

1. Yes (even logged out and logged back in again to try that)
2. Unless anything has changed in the background, they were both originally set as Regular coaches.

(Should have said it's the NAF OBBLM.)

Teams:
Naggaroth Nobles
Snot Bad

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Looks like they have a future game booked against each other. Try deleting that fixture and try again?

Edit: No, different opponents. Still, try deleting their booked fixtures before retiring.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

D'oh! I knew it would be a simple answer :oops: - I'd deleted the game they should have played against each other (they were holding up the whole league) and forgot I'd already scheduled the next round on the site.

[Edit]

Nope, take that back. I've deleted all scheduled matches (we've had to re-draw the whole thing) but I still can't retire them. Getting the same error message posted above.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just to add - checked the coaches (and mine) access levels.

I'm done correctly as the Local Commisioner (sic!)
The other two are both showing as Regular Coach.

Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sainthropee »

Darkson wrote:Just to add - checked the coaches (and mine) access levels.

I'm done correctly as the Local Commisioner (sic!)
The other two are both showing as Regular Coach.
I want to retire one team, but i did schedule the league, so i blocked the games where the team is, but finally I deleted the league and re-schedule the league without the team (I retired all the teams and created again xD)

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Don't do that! Never delete a game that's been played.

Darkson, middle of the night here, will investigate tomorrow. Is there a particular reason you need these retired rather than just unused?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

None really, other than a need for completeness, having already retired one team (small amount of OCD I think).
No rush though, it's just if there's a bug here (as opposed to me being stupid) then I wonder what else (if anything) it's affecting.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Okay, I'm not sure on this, so I've forwarded the thread on to funnyfingers. Hopefully he can help

Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Re:

Post by Sainthropee »

Shteve0 wrote:Don't do that! Never delete a game that's been played.

Darkson, middle of the night here, will investigate tomorrow. Is there a particular reason you need these retired rather than just unused?

The league doesn't started yet, but I can not use the same teams in other league (they were atached to the previous league, but any match is played).

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Good to know :)

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I wanted to retire teams of people that had left, but gave up because nothing worked.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, that's what I can't understand, as I successfully retired a team earlier in the league:
Schweinsons Howlers