OBBLM Help needed!

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Gantoris
Rookie
Rookie

OBBLM Help needed!

Post by Gantoris »

Hi folks, i have started a small league with some friends with 2x7 man divisions. Most of the players have played the first game of the league and we had a sudden drop out, i cant for the life of me figure out how to replace the old player/team with the new guy and his team? Bear in mind im a total noob and OBBLM confuses the hell out of me :P, how do i switch out teams and/or coaches?

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Can you just delete the other guy's fixtures and manually create the new ones?

Only delete future rounds though - never delete a match that's been played!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: OBBLM Help needed!

Post by sann0638 »

Is it Round Robin or Free for all?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Gantoris
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gantoris »

Its a Round Robin, have tried using the same account and making a fresh team but just dont see any way to add the new team in.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Do you have a link to your site and the details of the teams involved?
Assuming seven teams in a division, if they've all played one match you need to remove the five unplayed matches for the team that has dropped out. As Shteve0 says, never delete played matches.
You'll then need to schedule five matches for the new team against the six opponents that the original team did not play. You should have a total of twenty-one matches again.

Gantoris
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gantoris »

Our league is the Dark Sphere Bruised Ball league (DSBBTT), we dont need to delete played matches as the people being replaced haven't done any yet.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Link please?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Ah - Shteve0, that's one of ours on thenaf.obblm.com

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Ah, cool - cheers :) (sorry OP - I've been working on the new software version so I'm not completely across what's been going on in the live hosting at the moment)

From the looks of it you've got 14 rounds in there. I believe this should just be as simple as deleting the unplayed rounds for the team in question (found via the "recent and coming games" section for the team, for example: link) and manually scheduling the same rounds against the same opponents for the new team.

Does this help?