Help with coaches creating teams in OBBLM

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Cerumol
Rookie
Rookie

Help with coaches creating teams in OBBLM

Post by Cerumol »

Hi,

I have been setting up a league page in OBBLM and have found it straightforward to set up the league structure. I created a few test accounts to get used to how the whole thing works, but found I could only create teams in my admin account. Any coaches with regular coach access could not as the league does not appear in the drop down menu. However, if I change the privilege to global access as a commisioner that coach can then access the league in the create team area.

Any ideas on how I could allow regular coaches to create teams?

Thx,

Cerumol

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Cerumol

If you create me an admin account on your install I can take a look for you?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Cerumol
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with coaches creating teams in OBBLM

Post by Cerumol »

Hi there,

Was just creating an account and noticed that where coaches are created you can can click on the name of the league. So I tried this and hey presto, that test coach can now create teams. I followed up with an externally registered test account where I then simply modified their access level with the league created which also worked. Pleased if a bit noob!

So...I think Im sorted for now and can go ahead and set up a test tournament.

Thx,

Cerumol

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hmmm, okay. So working backwards, had you deleted a league previously?

By default the software should add people to the league with ID 1, I believe. So I guess that could fall over if you created and then deleted a league (so they're added to a void league by default), which you could fix by manually adding them later as you describe.

If that's the case you can find the "add new users to league by default" setting in the settings.php file.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Cerumol
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cerumol »

Hi,

yes that is what has happened. i cannot find the "add new users to league by default" setting in the settings.php file though.

I have two files: settings_1.php and settings_none.php. I looked in both, but assuming any changes go into settings_1.php

Also, I dont seem to be getting anything in the frontpage messageboard. Is this to do with league ID too? Any idea where I would update this?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yes, it is. Rename the settings_1.php file to settings_2.php and you should be able to make necessary changes in there, paying particular attention to using the correct league, division and tournament ID numbers for the display boxes.

When that's done, go up a level in the filing to the root of your install. There's a settings.php file there. Within it. Find and change these two settings:

$settings['default_visitor_league'] = 1; // ID of default league to show on front page when not logged in OR coach has not selected a home league.

$settings['default_leagues'] = array(1); // When creating a coach the coach will automatically become a regular coach in leagues with these IDs.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

The key difference between running your own install and using the NAF service is that we're moving all this fiddliness to the front end. Instead of learning league and tournament IDs and digging through code all the time, changing a league page is a simple case of selecting from a drop down list in the admin panel.

Cerumol
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cerumol »

Fantastic, that has just sorted it out. I'm ready to go now.

Thanks for all your help :)